Monday, November 1, 2010

{Halloween 2010}

Brandon said to me yesterday: "How I am supposed to know what's going on in my kids lives if you don't blog?"    Um, I think this indicates some serious communication issues in our marriage!

Our town celebrated Halloween yesterday.  I'm still not sure why.  Wouldn't Saturday have been a better choice?

I've spent seven years in our small community and in those seven years, I have never had a trick or treater.  So the obvious choice is to load the kids up and bring them "to town" to trick or treat at all of my families' houses.  So, including Charlie, that's three kids in carseats with about 9,000 costume props to keep up with, visiting 6 different houses.  That equals OMG I am setting up Trunk or Treat at my house next year!

The kid had a lot of fun.  Although this is yet another time I am regretful that they don't have the "neighborhood experience".  I can remember getting together with all my friends and traipsing all over our neighborhood.  I'd get so much candy that I would have to come home and dump it and go back out for more!  I guess there's always Nana and Poppop's!
The Ladybug and the Cowboy



Charlie the Hunting Dog

 Aunt Susan and Abbey



GG and Uncle Mitch


 We caught Aunt Nancy at the end of the Titan's game.  I'm glad we were there to brighten her spirits.  She gets the prize for the best treat....she gave Ellie and Mason a bag of salad as their "treat".  They both watched her put it in their bags, said thank you and then kind of walked away with strange looks.  Then she said "OH wait!  I didn't recognize you!  I have special bags for you!  That's what I give all the regular neighbor kids"  And she did have special bags!

Shelby, Andrea and Andrew.  

It was a fun night.  Trick or treating with relatives is kind of like Christmas.  We got plenty of candy, but we also scored books, dvds, and stuffed animals!  

Happy Halloween!






No comments: