Friday, April 24, 2009

I Live In A Zoo

Yesterday Ellie and I took all three dogs to the vet for their annual exams. Biz was nice enough to take Mason on to school for me. I figured Ellie would be no trouble and possibly even some help. And of course when she got wind of the appointment, there was no way she was going to accept no. So we loaded up and off we went.



Ellie and Jack

Getting in to the vet's office was no biggie. Ellie took Jack's leash because I knew he'd go right along with her and not pull. Callie did fine as well. And sweet Lucy...well...let's just say she was a bit excited and nearly tripped me about 50 times. I delivered them to the caring hands of Dr. Pat. He talked to me about Callie's surgery to get her spayed. (Let's face it: the last thing I need is a litter of puppies) And finally, Ellie and I were off to school. Painless.
Then we went to pick everyone up. The dogs were much more anxious to get home than they were to get to the vet. Callie came out first. Stumbling. DRUNK! SO I got her in the truck and the vet tech came out with the other two to help me get them in the truck. I get them all loaded and realize I haven't paid or gotten any meds. So I roll the windows down and run back in and say "I forgot to pay!" There was a lady in there with her TWO chihuahua. She had on pearls and perfectly coiffed hair. She actually may have had a cardigan draped over her shoulders. So she looks at me and says "HOW do you handle THREE BIG DOGS???" and I laugh and say "And two kids! Not very well!!!" Ok, not the answer she was expecting? Then I really stun her with "OK, is leaving your dogs in the car at the vet like leaving your kids in the car at daycare???" Hmm...tough crowd. So I go on to explain that we live on a big farm and the dogs live outside. Crickets. Alrighty....I am guessing that this lady is one of the people who believe that if you "make" your dogs live outside, you must not love them. I tried the "We have a lot of land. They love to run and play." but she was not picking up what I was putting down. Oh. Well.

Baby Lucy (September '07)

All the dogs are well. Callie's surgery went fine. The dogs were all COVERED in ticks (good thing I didn't share this with my Chihuahua friend!). Pat said that he starts seeing ticks in February??? So we bought plenty of Frontline. Be sure to treat your pets for fleas and ticks! And don't forget to spay and neuter your pets. Thank you and good night.
All three dogs hanging out at the house site and the only pic I could find of Callie! I guess the third dog is always the least photoed?

2 comments:

Desiree said...

OMG I was LOLing at your Chihuahua friend! Screw her and her pearl necklace!

Brandon said...

There are pics of Callie on HERE. From when we first got her back in November.