Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lions and Tigers...or Cheetahs...

The week has not gone nearly as bad as I was afraid it would. I adore my kids. But two {almost} straight weeks of being a single mom seemed pretty daunting. Last week was a bit hairy as no one slept and Mason got sick. This week has been pretty smooth sailing. Everyone is in a good mood and has slept every night. {KNOCK on wood!}Ellie has asked a few times a day "What time is it where Daddy is? What is he doing?" And Mason went to the globe the other night and pointed to Australia and said "Dis whe we live." then pointed to Europe and said "Dis whe Daddy is." Ok, not quite sweetie but at least you are listening when I give the geography lessons!
Brandon called yesterday. He's having a good time and the things he is seeing sound amazing. I am glad I will be able to re-live it with him through pictures. Yesterday, he drove through a Rhinoceros breeding facility that had rhinos, lions and cheetahs. It was feeding time so he got to see them feed half a HORSE to the lions! And he said he was very close. Actually when he first started talking about it I thought "Why is that any better than the zoo?" Then he told me the horse part! PE.TA would have a fit, huh?
I am still working on my frugality. I told ya'll I have found a ton of great blogs. Before I get to that, do you use google reader? YOU SHOULD! You can enter the web addresses of blogs or frequently updated websites that you follow and google reader brings them all together in one place where you can read them and have the option of clicking a link to the page. I love it!
So back to the blogs I have been frequenting. Here are a few:
My Frugal Adventures
Krazy Coupon Lady
Stretching a Buck
The New Frugal Mom

This week I will tell you about my first adventure in the great deals that can be found at Walgreens. Here is some information that is pretty useful: Walgreens Basics I haven't figured it all out and I kind of messed up today by not presenting my coupons in exactly the right order, but I still got great deals. Here's what I got:
4 boxes of general mills cereal
2 bags of Chex Mix
1 big Glade soy candle
1 Aquafresh ISO Active
TOTAL: $7.34!!!!
{I wish I had a camera to take a pic of all I bought because I think it's always more impressive to see it all laid out, but Brandon took the camera so just draw yourself a picture!}
I had coupons and I also earned some register rewards and used those. I still have $11 left to use! I should add that I also bought some medication stuff (Zyrtec and Motrin) I am not counting this as out of pocket expenses because I paid with my flexible spending account, BUT I earned $10 register rewards with that too! Read these websites! There is some great info and it really doesn't take much time to save a lot!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Oh my husband would be ALL OVER THAT, as you well know!!!!