Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Loose at All Ends

Yesterday morning I got a call at 7 am from the vet's office. They had found my debit card. The one I lost in June. The one I had just written off as completely in the land of lost things because I really had zero clue where it might be. I had called the vet when I realized it was lost, but they said they didn't have it. It surprised me. I had every excuse to lose the thing there since I had two kids and three dogs and was trying to get meds and pay for the dogs and it was pretty chaotic. Turns out, there was a tiny slit in their countertop in which the card fell. Another customer also lost her card in the slit but she actually watched it fall so when they took the counter apart Monday night, they found my long since cancelled card.
Sometimes I feel like my life is just a shambles and I am loose at all ends. Like if my head wasn't screwed on....ok you know the rest. I was off yesterday and had some appointments in Nashville. I stopped at a gas station on my way home to get gas. Evidently when I slipped my card into my pocket, I dropped it. Right as we were going to bed last night, I noticed we had a message. It was the bank. The lady who found my card called the bank and told them she was taking it inside the gas station to the manager. {BLESS THAT WOMAN!} Brandon was just beyond thrilled because he evidently doesn't make mistakes {If you know this is not true, please email me and I will do a post specifically about all Brandon's mistakes!}
I decided that I really would not have a good day without my card being in my possession so the kids and I hit the road to Franklin this morning before coming to school. I found the manager and explained what had happened. He couldn't find my card. It wasn't in the place where they keep the cards that get turned in. {Because this is evidently a chronic problem!} So I gave him my number and he promised to call me when he got in touch with the night manager. I hit I-65 to BG and {of course!} 15 minutes into the 20 minute drive, the guy calls and says he found it. With all that confusion, I was not chancing him not being there this afternoon so I went BACK to the station and got the card. {he actually didn't even ID me which was somewhat troubling} SO after 1 1/2 hours in the car, I have my card in my possession. PTL! {Praise the Lord}
***
I had a doctor's appointment in Nashville yesterday so I made it a twofer and went to look at flooring. I am so overwhelmed with flooring choices! Carpet it easy so we were able to select that. Hardwood= not so easy. We want handscraped/ distressed floors. And I think we want solid wood. But Lord have mercy there are so many to chose from! I need some help. I am in panic mode about this. As in I think about it every waking minute and I may not sleep until it is settled.
We need to take some pics. The drywall should be complete this week and painting will start next week. WOOT!
***
Some other exciting news is that I tested a design for a girl who sells appliqué designs this week. When someone creates a new design, it has to be tested to be sure it stitches out correctly. I tested a really cute little ghost. I am hoping it will become a new gig. The website is Embroidery Boutique. I buy 90% of my designs from her because her stuff is so cute and simple. As the house completion nears, I am trying to think about getting back into more sewing. I love it so much but our house has just not been conducive to dragging out all my sewing stuff. In the new house, I will have my own space that I can organize and be able to get more done. Not having to use the entire kitchen and our bedroom to sew will be awesome!

1 comment:

Nana said...

"Loose as a Goose"...!!! I know you enjoyed the drive and the end of the story was good, so thats important. I know this doesn't actually help...but..things will settle down soon. Just hang in there !!