Monday, May 10, 2010

{Lucky Number 7}

Seven years ago today, I was nervously waiting the in "Bride's Room" at my church.  My grandmother was helping me get zipped into my dress.  Biz was in the ladies room with my aunt Susan getting her make-up done.  Mom was running around making sure everything was just so.  And freaking out a little that her baby was going to be married to someone.  And live with him.  And share a bed.  EEEEEPPSS!

It was a HOT day.  That spring had been really moderate and we really hadn't had any HOT days until that day. It was a scorcher.  Or maybe I was just nervous!

And then there's all the talking I did during the ceremony.  My mom told me "Don't just stand up there like you don't like each other during the solo.  Hold hands.  Talk."  Oh I talked.  The only thing I really remember was that I basically quizzed Brandon who, no matter what he tells you, was as nervous as a...who is it they say gets nervous in church?...

Ok anyway...so I was asking "What did you do this morning?  Who were you with?  Did you have fun?  Did you sleep good last night?" and on and on and on.  At the reception, the theme question from everyone was "What were you talking about?"  I was little miss Chatty Cathy Bride.  I didn't even realize I was doing it!

It's funny to think back on all that.  What a simple time compared to all we have going on now.  And isn't it amazing how things can change over just 7 short years.  Two incredible children, a farm, a house, another wedding and now another baby, we've welcomed new relatives and said good-bye to some we love.

And some things have remained the same...same jobs, same great families to support us through everything, one of the same dogs we started out with.  :) And me and Brandon.  I know we have changed, but in the important ways, we have stayed the same.

He says that one of the reasons he really liked me on our first date was that we had great conversation.  (And YES I am serious!  Our date on was on the up and up!)  We talked about everything that night.  The conversation was easy and fluid.  And I kept it going for our wedding.  And we are still talking after 7 years.  Although I sent him a text this morning that he hasn't responded to.  Should I worry?

Brandon, I love you!  You are the man of my dreams who has made all of my dreams come true!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok...I have adjusted :) Congratulations on 7 years !! I love you both !!!