Monday, May 31, 2010

{My Best Weekend}

Even pro bloggers like me have a glitch now and then.  I put these pictures up last night from home in hopes of being able to write the rest of the post at work (ssshhh, don't tell) and I somehow accidentally posted the blog entry.  I knew because my mom commented.  Now on with the post...

Well, we had a great weekend.  Ok I had a great weekend.  I think everyone in my house followed suit.  There was nothing specific that made it great, but it just seemed like everything clicked and went well.

Saturday, I had made plans to take the kids to my aunt and uncles pool.  We got there about 9:45 and stayed until 1:30 or so.  Ellie loved the water.  She was cautious, but I could tell she would warm up fast.  Mason, on  the other hand, wasn't so keen on the pool.  He basically freaked the freak out and didn't want to get back in.  He spent the rest of our time there wandering, playing with the dog, and eating.

Saturday night, we had a babysitter for the second time...ever.  We were invited to a UFC pay-per-view party at some friends house so my cousin and her cousin came to babysit.  It was reported that both kids went to bed in hysterics because they " missed their Mama".  Abbey told them she missed her mom too and to go to bed.  Exactly what I would have done!

Sunday, I slept late thanks to my wonderful husband.  Needless to say, we missed church.  But I got up and mopped all the hardwood in my pj's.  My floors are a chore and they have been so dirty and I have been so stressed so accomplishing this small task gave me so much peace.  Again, it's the small things!

Sunday afternoon, both kids took great naps and I got to make this:

and this:


Saturday night, Brandon said he would like to go to the local catfish dive, Harper's.  This was an incredibly nice treat for ME because a. I like Harper's and b. we never go out to eat.  Like never.  And the benefits of going out to eat really only hit me this weekend.  Benefit #1-someone else cooks.  Benefit #2 and really a bigger benefit for me- someone else CLEANS.  Do you know how much time I could save in my life if I didn't have to clean up the kitchen every night???  Anyway, it was a rare treat.

Now you have to be prepared for Harper's.  When we went to the bathroom, Ellie very loudly announced that "if that was her bathroom, she would never use it because it's gross!"  But the food is G-U-D good!  To our complete surprise, Ellie scarfed her fish.  We had to end up telling her that we could take it home so she didn't make herself sick!  Now she says she wants her birthday dinner there!

Monday, we decided to go back to the pool.  The weather didn't look terribly agreeable, but we went anyway and it turned out lovely.  Mason, again, spent his day fully clothed and wandering.

My cousin, Shelby (Chebby to those of us who know her best)and her friend Becca taught Ellie that she would not drown.  Ellie is sooo cautious.  (No clue where she gets that...haha!) and even with a Coastguard approved flotation device, she would barely leave the steps.  Shelby decided we had to go hardcore so she took Ellie to the deep end and let go of her hands.  After a momentary freakout (and it was a really good freakout complete with high pitched shrieks and panic), Ellie announced that she could swim and she didn't want anyone to touch her. At all.  For the rest of the day.

After all that swimming (and freaking out), she relaxed by the pool.



Then Biz brought Charlie over for a visit while she and Tim went to run some errands.  Ellie told me she had it completely under control.
Isn't he getting big???  HI!!!

And the highlight of Ellie's day was to be able to give Charlie a bottle for the first time.  (Not Charlie's first, Ellie's.)
And she also put him to sleep.  I am totally not kidding here.  I was trying to get him to sleep and she said "Mama just get me try." So I did and he passed out.

And after trying to get dinner ready, dealing with two kids, one husband and a baby, I decided I like it when Charlie visits, but I love it when I get to go to bed with no thoughts about "when the next feeding will be"!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures !!! I need copies I can hold in my hand...please advise!! :)