Thursday, August 5, 2010

{Back to School}





Well, my baby girl started Kindergarten on Tuesday.  We all did surprisingly well. I had a few tears, but she was just fine.  We got to school and got our car rider tag, went to the gym and saw two of my aunts.  We were directed to take her to her classroom where her teacher was waiting for her with her nametag.  We went into the classroom and helped her find a seat and said our goodbyes and that was that.  I have a kindergartener!



When I picked her up, she was a bit worn out and not really ready to talk.  But throughout the evening, she shared more and more of her day.  Kindergarten is very exciting.  She was actually up before I even had to wake her this morning, ready to go.



Ellie and Mason seemed to really miss one another on Tuesday.  They went out on the porch and played.  We could hear some new terms being used by Ellie (all positive) and at one point, we looked out and saw the above.  It's hard to see, but Mason is sitting in a chair and Ellie is kneeling in front of him, talking.  This looks EXACTLY like what we have seen her new teacher do with children and it really tickled us.  

I am thrilled about Ellie's school.  I have an aunt and a cousin who work there and several friends who also work there and several more friends whose children go to school with Ellie. Having come from 5 years of being "Jennifer's little girl" at pre-school, it's nice that Ellie hasn't become just a number and that people know her.  I am thrilled about the ability to communicate with her teacher.  She is available by email, by a daily communication sheet that the kids bring home and she gave us her home number (but I really don't want to use that)!  Did I mention that Ellie's teacher is this year's Kleenex spokesperson, is in our state teacher's hall of fame, and the National Teacher's hall of fame.  She's, like, TOTALLY awesome.  Which, coincidentally, is the one word that Ellie felt best described her first day of school.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I can say is AWESOME !!! :)