Monday, August 23, 2010

My New Name

Wow!  I know it's been a while.  I guess school is keeping us all busy.  We have been busy busy busy.  What has been going on, you ask?  Here goes:

1. My cousin Skyler got married two weeks ago.  Skyler and Brittney's engagement has fueled our social life this summer.  We've had engagement parties, showers, rehearsals, dinners, and finally the BIG EVENT.  Ellie was the flower girl and Mason was the ring bearer.  They both did fantastic.  Ellie was not able to drop her petals on her way down the aisle because Mason had a little stage fright so she put her hand on his back and nudged him all the way down the aisle.  (Yes I almost cried it was so sweet).  But being the queen of quick thinking that she is, she dropped her petals on the way out.

2. Brandon left for Brazil the day after the wedding and was gone for a week.  He returned last Saturday.  We were very glad to have him HOME!

3. Last week the daycare was closed for teacher training.  Mason and Charlie spent most of the week with Nana.  Brandon did keep Mason on Thursday.  On Thursday, Mason had his first visit to a real barber.  And a visit to the doctor to find out he had "croup".  The doctor prescribed steroids.  I knew things were bad when I got the following text from mom on Friday:  "Do you think I could give him some motrin or tylenol to help him calm down?"  My mom handles pretty much everything but Mason was somewhat possessed.  By the time I got home at about 5:15, he was out of control.  I can't believe she was able to do it all day!  I'm pretty sure he could have lifted a car.  I called the after hours service at the doctor's office and was told that I could half his dose since he was already better.  That made all the difference and he had a good weekend.
Charlie and all of his cousins: Mason- 2, Ellie-5, Molly-7 and Luke-3

4.  Yesterday was Charlie's christening.   Tim's parents, Nicole, Molly and Luke all came up to celebrate.  All of the kids get along so well and they had a blast.  Molly went to Sunday school with Ellie and Luke went to Sunday school with Mason.  After church, everyone came back to my house for "My Big Fat Italian Christening".  Mom and Dad made two kinds of lasagna and manicotti, salad and bread sticks.  Wonderful food and great company.

My house is all clean for the week so here we go again...

In other news, Ellie is still loving school.  A few funny things:

  • I got a call Friday from my aunt.  Ellie had a balance on her cafeteria account and was not going to be able to buy ice cream as the special Friday treat.  Here's the thing- I have packed Ellie's lunch every day!  I could not figure out what she had bought.  My aunt investigated and found that when asked "Ellie are you hungry, do you want breakfast?"  Ellie said "YES!"  So they fed her and charged it to her account.  Thankfully, my aunt paid the balance and she was able to buy ice cream!
  • My mom asked Ellie if she was learning to read in reading group.  Ellie told her "Nana, I can already read.  How can they teach me something I already know???"  Well, duh!
  • Ellie found a Mason jar yesterday.  She was EXTREMELY upset that it had Mason's name on it and not hers.
Mason is doing well.  He is 100% better as far as his cough so hopefully that will hold for a while.  His humor is neverending.  This morning, he called me Your Highness on the way to school.  And I kinda liked it.  I might drop the "Mama" and go with "Your Highness".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny funny kids !!!! It's the BEST !! :):)