Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feel the Love

Happy Valentine's Day! ( a day late) I got beautiful flowers on Friday that were waiting in my office for me when I arrived at 8! I have to give Brandon a lot of credit. He is not one of those guys who forgets occasions. I have gotten flowers on Valentine's Day every year since we started dating. So is it just out of obligation or does he really want to send them? Eh, why ask. Ellie and Mason had "Breakfast with your Lil' Sweeaheart" at school so I made it to both of their rooms for a little while in the morning. They were both showered with love and Valentine treats from all of their grandparents, aunts and uncles.
Ellie had dance yesterday morning. After dance, we went to lunch with mom, my grandmother, my aunt Gail, and Biz. Yesterday afternoon, both kids took a wonderful nap (at the same time!) and I chilled. Today, we went to church then made a trip to Gander Mountain(see below), home for another great nap (at the same time again!) and then the kids went to Biz and Tim's for an hour or so so Brandon and I could do a quick clean-up of the house. NICE weekend!
Over the last few weeks, we have had some bad weather. Well, when the wind blows hard, we lose power. We've been without power for several hours about 4 different times lately. Sooo...we were at Gander Mountain looking for something else so we decided to stock up on flashlights! When we are without power, we've been using candles (when temps allow us to stay here at all!) and candles are really not ideal. So we got a couple of cool lanterns and two crank lights. I am sure we will never lose power again!
More progress has been made on the house! Doug came Friday and pushed out a fence row and tore down the old barn. It was too windy for him to work yesterday, but tomorrow Shawn (builder) and Doug are supposed to meet to "shoot the grade" for the basement and hopefully Doug will get started on that. PROGRESS!
I mentioned Ellie is taking dance and I msut say it is going so well! The first week was a little iffy (read totally chaotic!), but since then she has done fabulously. She listens and does just what Ms Martha asks. Not to say I think she'll be on Broadway any time soon, but she is really enjoying it. There are a couple of cryers in the class. Now I can understand seperation issues. Ellie has the leg up, so to say, in that area having been in pre-school since she was 3 months old. But there is one little girl who just absolutely DOES NOT want to be there. We've been doing this for there weeks and all three weeks, she cries and cries, her parents finally pull her out of the class and threaten to leav and she asks for her coat! I think this kid knows what she wants and I think her parents should listen! I am hopeful that Ms Martha will take care of things so that she doesn't continue to disrupt the class.
The kids are being so cooperative as I write this blog. Why you ask? Because they are watching the Wiggles AKA Crack For Kids. WHAT is the draw??? And what made these grown men think it was a good idea to start this show. They really seem to have a wonderful time whiel talking to Dorothy the Dinosaur about doing the Fairy Dance. While wearing Fairy wings. Let's all pause a moment and imagine Brandon in the Big Red Car. Yeah. Weird. Oh well, it really really entertains Mason, my little tv baby. I promise to never badmouth the Wiggles again.

No comments: