Saturday, February 28, 2009

Meow is naked....

We have a new cat. She showed up right before it was time for Ellie's shower last night. She's short, has brown hair and eyes and looks a lot like Ellie. The cat hung around all through the shower and was trying to figure out how to combine English and cat-talk so it turned into "Meow wants meow." When Brandon told her that he didn't understand that, she started using meow as her name. Right as she was getting out of the shower, aunt Biz called and wanted to talk to Ellie. I had to inform her that Ellie wasn't around but the cat was. She decided to talk to the cat. Ellie answered the phone "Meow is naked." This was true. She had just gotten out of the shower and run into the living room. Naked. The cat went away not long after that but Ellie has informed us she will be a cat when we go to Biz and Tim's house this afternoon.
Biz and Tim are turning their "Studio" into an house with walls this week. It's more of an undertaking than I think I would want to take on. But it's right down Biz's alley. Tim's parents, Jack and Wanda AKA Meme and Jack, are here for the week. Ellie is beyond thrilled. I think she thinks they are her fourth set of grandparents!
It is raining a VERY cold drizzle right now and all forecasts are saying we can expect ice and wet snow overnight. WEEEE!!!! I am so ready for SPRING! I saw daffodils this week so I am hopeful spring is around the corner. I do enjoy a colder winter than I grew up with. I like the occasional snow. I also enjoy that the spring and summer is much milder. I just really don't enjoy the length of winter here in Ken Tuck. So here's hoping this is the last of winter!

Mason is growing so fast. I feel a little bad that I don't have as many cute anecdotes about him. He is talking up a storm and repeating everything. As I type he has climbed into my lap. His favorite new trick is to wear everyone's shoes around the house. Mason is just as ready for spring as any of us. He has really enjoyed the few days of spring preview that we have had lately! He loves being outside.

When I started this, both kids were napping but they have both woken up while I have been typing. Thankfully, they both napped at the same time. But it sure seemed like a short nap! We are off to Biz's to see what progress is being made on Bizfest: Renovation Edition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without one bit of bias, I fully expect Ellie to be on Broadway ! She has a delightful imagination mixed with just enough humor to keep you laughing. Don't feel bad that the same "type" of stories can not be told of Mason. Watch him for one minute and your heart soars at his enthusiasm for "everything" ! His little "everyday day actions" are also a beautiful story! I love them both more than you could imagine!
Nana