Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

Do I only update on Mondays??? I guess I need to do better.
We had a great weekend. Ellie had her first dance class on Saturday. She is taking a basic movement class at Dance Arts with Ms. Martha. She did great. I was so pleased at how easily she went in and got involved. It does help that her friend Rachel is in the class too. And I am not sure if she and Rachel being in there is a good thing or a bad. Let's just say I think Ms. Martha will learn Ellie's name quickly! Then Ellie, the world traveler, was off to the WKU Basketball game after her nap on Saturday and she spent the night with Nana and Poppop Saturday night. Brandon and I always laugh at how easy having one kid is! Mason and I went to church yesterday and then I finally got a Valentine's Tee made for Ellie. (pics coming soon)
Brandon and I finally had a chance to go up to the house site and look at where he and Shawn staked everything out yesterday. I took a lot of pictures. (coming soon!) I have to say it looks very small to me right now. But Brandon assures me it is the optical illusion of stakes, string and orange spray paint in the middle of a HUGE field. Since I have seen a very similar floor plan, I do know that this house will be a perfect size, it just doesn't look that way right now. And what's the progress??? Well, as soon as Doug (excavator) is finished with Frank Hayes (neighbor) pond, he will start on our basement. I am keeping close tabs on Frank's pond and I am happy to report that I saw Doug working on Saturday so hopefully it won't be long. We've had some bad weather over the last week that has kept anyone who works outside out of work. But the forecast looks promising! There was snow in our forecast today but it just missed us so I am in hopes things will be moving along soon!
One last story: As I said last week we had some icky weather. We had school every day, but with the roads we have to drive to get here, some days we crept to school and home at 30-40 mph. One evening on our way home, I told Ellie we would have to take another way home because I was afraid there would be trees down because of the ice. Here's that conversation:
Ellie: I wish Daddy was here to help us in this bad weather.
Me: We do not need Daddy. Biz and I are strong women and we can handle this. Don't you worry! (Tim was also out of town!)
Ellie: Well, I am NOT a strong women. I'm just little. And Mason isn't even a women!
I assured Ellie that Biz and I would handle anything that came our way. And we did!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Hah! I love Ellie, she cracks me up! I can't wait to see pics of the house so far! Be sure to print some out and make a scrapbook!!!