Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What makes a house a home?

Basement walls certainly will help make our house a home! And they are in progress. Here is the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/jennfields75/HOUSE?feat=directlink
The trucks with the walls arrived first thing this morning. Then around noon, more trucks and equipment arrived and they got to work. Unfortunately, they did not finish today. The forecast is calling for rain for all of eternity. Ok, not all of eternity, but certainly for a good part of the next week. The good news is that they will work unless it is actually raining. Wet ground will not keep them from working since they have everything prepared for the walls, so that is hopeful.

All of his teachers report that Mason is talking up a storm. I guess we don't notice it as much since we are with him all the time. He does talk A LOT. And he is actually starting to use action words and not just label everything. So I have talky kids. What does that say about me??? Well, I always got bad grades in conduct in school because I couldn't keep my mouth shut! Mason does have a bit of a cough but I am in hopes that he will kick it. I am giving it until Thursday and if I don't feel like it's better, we'll be making a trip to the doctor.

Ellie is wonderful. She informed me this morning that Bob had to stay home with the baby because the baby had an ear infection. So Bob is still around. But she has also told me that she no longer lives with Bob because she lives with me. I'm not really sure on the joint custody thing. It seems perhaps she let Bob have one baby and she kept another. She occasionally calls Bob on our way home from school. The conversations are always brief. And in case you are wondering, I cannot WAIT to tell her all about this when she is about 15!

The weather has been really wonderful. Although as I said, I think it is coming to an end and it will be cooling off. If you haven't already heard, I LOVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! I'm not even sure why. I guess I just like having so much daylight in the evenings. We have at least a 40 minute drive home from school every day. Most days, we leave at 4:30, but about once a month, I have to work until 5:30. That means we do not even get home until after 6. It is sooo nice not having to come in in the dark! It agrees with the kids too! They go to bed at the same time but sleep later!

No comments: