Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is Today Tomorrow?

Ellie is learning about days, weeks and months. She has a favorite new song that they no doubt sing in her class about the months of the year and birthdays. At least once every day we go through when everyone's birthday is and she chants "April stand up. April...sit down. October Stand up....October...sit DOWN." and on and on. Her teacher, Lindsay, had her gallbladder removed last Tuesday (there is obviously some epidemic!) and yesterday, Ellie was told "Lindsay will be back tomorrow." So on the way to school she asked "Is today tomorrow?" To which I thought in my head "GOD I HOPE NOT!" but replied "No, today is Wednesday and tomorrow is Thursday." Then I tired to explain "Yesterday, today was tomorrow. But now it is today." Um, ok, this is even confusing me and I have a fairly decent concept of time. But Lindsay was here when we arrived so all was well.
Biz and Tim are busy with their renovations. At first, I was fearful that they would be unhappy with "walls" and that their house would seem much smaller. But now that things are under way, it actually seems like they have more room. I guess there is a lot of wasted space when you do not have walls to put furniture up against??? Here is the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/elizabethdreadin/Remodel?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeg2YKYt62vkwE&feat=email#5309155839220623602 (I hope Biz doesn't mind!) I admire Elizabeth and Tim's vision and ability to plan. They knew exactly what they wanted and it is happening. Then again, they are both the babies so they always get what they want, right?
We are headed to Harper's tonight for dinner with the Dreadins. I am excited and I think everyone will love it. Harper's is a true DIVE in Scottsvegas. It is in an old house and by house, p[lease do not picture some old victorian style house with wood floors. We are talking an old brick ranch with gross tile floors. What it lacks in charm (and cleanliness), it makes up for in good food! Last time we were there, there was an old man (Mr. Harper???)standing outside with a plate of catfish samples joking to everyone "I fished all day to catch this!" I told Brandon I bet he's made that same joke 9 million times in his life. They have all you can eat fish and fries. They also have a menu but it makes me laugh that anyone would order a steak there. But last time we were there, the lady at the table next to us ordered a steak and got the salad bar (no thanks again!) But this same lady had on a housecoat and slippers. I am not even kidding! So Harper's is sure to provide endless entertainment and plenty of good greasy food! Not surprisingly, Harper's does not have a website but I did find this: http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaurants/profile-58108905-United_States_Kentucky_Scottsville_Harpers_Catfish.html
I am sure Mason will be in hog heaven at Harper's since his favorite foods are fish (sticks) and french fries. His new word at dinner last night: "Tay tah?" translation: tater tot. He is making up for his picky sister! His loves are fried potatoes, macaroni and Italian anything. And he is the sweetest boy I know!
I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: