Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Tuesday

Well, for me, this "long weekend" was not nearly long enough. I'm trying to hang onto my vacation time until the house is finished so that I can take a week or so to move and all. And I have a week planned in August to go to Denmark with Brandon for a conference. But August is a LONG TIME. I so wanted to go to the beach this year but with the house and all, it just isn't a good time. So I guess now I will just have to look forward to the Fourth of July. Actually, the Third of July because that is when we are closed.
We had a pretty nice weekend. Saturday, I got a wild hair to go to the flea market. The kids and I packed up and headed out at about 10 Saturday morning. It would have been more fun if I had taken reinforcement. We'd been there about 10 minutes when Ellie announced she had to go to the bathroom. GAH! I wasn't even sure if there was a bathroom but if there was, I was pretty certain I didn't want her to use it. The crowd that the flea market draws is...um...interesting. So I rushed through a few more booths and we went to Kroger. Saturday afternoon, I got out a bucket (under bed Rubbermaid container) of water and water toys for them to plat with. I was certain they'd be entertained for hours so I could get a little sun. I think Mason played for about 5 seconds.
Sunday was church and kind of a lazy day. Yesterday, Brandon's mom and step-dad, John, stopped by on their way back home from a balloon race in Alabama. John is assisting with the electric for the house (hopefully) so he say down with us and we laid out fixtures and outlets and all things electric. Then yesterday afternoon, we went to my Nan's for my mom's birthday. When an announcement of a meal at "headquarters" is made, the troops come running. We had a big crowd: me, Brandon and kids, Biz and Tim, my parents, my Nan, and all of my mom's siblings and several of their kids. We played a couple of fun rounds of catch-phrase thanks to my cousin Shelby who does not travel without her catch phrase game! Then it was back to the farm.
When we were coming down the driveway I saw something laying in the field. At first we thought it was a giant groundhog. Then it got up and we realized it was a calf! So we have a new addition. I think that makes 22 in all. This particular calf seems to be a CLONE of his older brother "Tiny" who managed to escape pretty much every single for about 4 months straight. We named him Curly. I'll try to post pics soon.
We continue to make progress on the house. The masons came yesterday and dropped of a couple of guys who I guess are the schleppers. They built scaffolding and got all the bricks ready so that all the masons have to do is sit down and lay brick. Which is supposedly starting today but they were not there when I left. Although, this group happens to be from a locale just south of the border and they seem to operate on a little bit different clock than your typical construction crew. Arrive late and stay late. Hey, whatever gets the brick laid!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Congratulations on the new addition! :) And I love Catch Phrase!!!! We'll have to play it when we're together again :)