Thursday, May 28, 2009

Privacy Issue

I am not a morning person. I think anyone who has ever seen me when I wake up in the morning knows this. I prefer not to talk at all until I have been up about an hour. Having children is not conducive to this quality. Most mornings, I get up in time to at least get showered and possibly get my make-up on before having to talk to anyone. This morning was an exception.
At about 5:45 I heard the pad of little feet coming into our room. Ellie. She came around the bed and climbed in with me and started her usual whispering. She doesn't whisper to me, she just whispers and talks. Brandon rolled over and told her to go back to sleep or get out. (Such a sweet Daddy.) I needed to get up. Try as I might, she was determined to join me in the bathroom while I showered. Ok whatever. After about 30 seconds I had to tell her "Ellie, I don't like to talk in the morning. If you want to stay in here, you are going to have to leave me alone." Yeah right. Chatty Cathy talked all through me brushing my teeth. Then she positioned herself between the fabric shower curtain and the clear plastic shower curtain so she could see me and continue to talk through my shower. She actually didn't care that I was not talking to her. She finally got bored about halfway through me washing my hair and left. Only to return and announce that Mason was awake. And to ask when I would be finished so I could fix her oatmeal. I asked if she woke him up and (of course) she said no. Yeah. Right.
Needless to say, this morning called for a Venti from the 'Bucks and I am feeling much more on top of things now. I can't wait until she is about 14 and sleeps until 1 pm. Can't. Wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...how we wish our lives away ! Trust me.....when she is 14 she may talk to you less..but the words are oh so much more ...shall we say interesting !! Does the term "pay back" mean anything to you :):) Love and kisses,
Nana

Desiree said...

LOL! Aww, one day you will miss this. I'm sure of it!!

Laura said...

Yes, we will surely miss these times wiht our babies, BUT....for now, to sleep past 7:00 would be A-MAY-ZING!!!!!