Thursday, December 10, 2009

How Quickly Things Can Change

Yesterday was windy. I heard someone say "It's so windy that if you don't like the weather, stick around and it will change in a few minutes!" This was true for most of the morning. It would be cloudy and drizzling one minute and then a few minutes later, the sun would appear (for the firs time in days!) and it would just be a breezy day. Later in the afternoon, that wind blew in some bitter cold temperatures. It was the kind of wind that would cut right through you.
Things with the house are ever changing as well. Yesterday, I was really on cloud 9 with the prospects of getting into the house so soon. Then I got a message from our builder. The painter feels that he needs to push our completion date back a bit. All in all, this means the final cleaning will not be until the beginning of CHRISTMAS week. I'm not losing all hope. They are still planning on getting the basement complete for carpet and that still means that once carpet is in, I WILL BE MOVING THINGS IN. I know that me and my mom can clean better than anyone we'd hire so we will just do it and get the basement settled. I am going to work my tail off to be sleeping in the new house on December 24!
Finally, I need to gush about my husband a little. He has already worked his tail off in this building process. Did you know that wiring a house is a really big job? I didn't have a clue what we were signing up for. Brandon has really amazed me with his abilities and it has all worked out. The final electrical inspection is today so say a little prayer that all goes well! I am very proud of Brandon.

1 comment:

Nana said...

What a perfect time of year for experiencing this sense of anticipation !!! If you had moved in, in August, it would have just been a hot steamy summer day...but moving in at this wonderful time of year makes it "an event" !!! I can hardly wait to get my gloves on, pull up my sleeves and start preparing !!