Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year! Happy New House!

Brandon pointed out last night that I have not updated the blog in weeks. If I ever thought my life was crazy, I had no idea until the last few weeks. I came back to work this past Monday to take a break!
We are moved in. Everyone has a bed and we have most of our other furniture in place. But, the process continues. The "little house" still has tons of stuff that we need to move. For example: Brandon had to run down to the little house yesterday before I left to get my hiking boots. I had grabbed about 5 pairs of shoes in one of my mad dashes of moving and substantial, snow worthy shoes were not in that group. (He also realized last night that he did not have any very snow worthy shoes to wear to work today!)
We started moving on the 17th of December and were finally given the "all clear" around the 21st. My mom encouraged me to concentrate on the essentials since our goal was to sleep there by the 24th. That, my friends, is not an easy task. It's almost like thinking about what you would grab in case of a fire! But we are faring well. And we are filling up all the wonderful storage spaces of the new house quite nicely!
Everyone was back to work on Monday. The kids were more than ready to get back to school. It is so nice to have so much space and be able to have a pretty normal routine. Everyone's beds are made in the morning and at night, when I go to bed, the house is neat and picked up. The house is really everything I dreamed it would be. My kitchen is AWESOME and I love being in there. We spent a lot of time in there.

The kids are adjusting very well. We decided at the last minute not to move Mason's crib and just see if he would move into the double bed. And of course, he did! He still asks for his paci almost every night, but he never questioned where his old bed might be.
Ellie is doing well too. She did awesome at first, but this week, she has started a bad habit of becoming weepy at bedtime. She just does not want to go to bed. She stalls and then once she is finally tucked in, she gets up at least 20 times. Honestly, she does seem to have so legitimate anxiety. She has told me that when the lights are out, her dollhouse looks like a ghost. I told her that cats, monsters and ghosts are NOT allowed in my house so she can just quit worrying about that one. It gives her some comfort, but not much. Ellie's picture happens to be in the article on wikipedia called "DRAMA", so we are having trouble deciding how much is "put on" and how much is real. Biz told me today that I gave her (Biz) my watch when she was little and told her it would protect her. I do not remember this, but it is a genius idea so I think I will have to come up with something like that for the Ellster.
If you haven't yet hear, South Central Kentucky is experiencing the "Blizzard of 2010". Of course, I have been at work both days. I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it really pisses me off that many of my co-workers have called in with the excuse that they can't get here. I told one co-worker on Wednesday when she started with the "If it snows I can't come" crap that I could pretty much guarantee that NO ONE lives any further out in the boonies than I do and I would at least make an effort to come! Which I did. And it's not that bad! It took us a little longer to get to Scottsville Road, but once we got there, it was smooth sailing. And we may leave a bit early to get home before dark, but come on...calling in??? And then there's the fact that we happen to be the only pre-school or school that is open today. We have a total of 25 children (out of 120) here today. Now, is this really necessary???
I have updated the pics: HERE. Keep in mind that things are not at all decorated. Once we get everything moved, I will finally get to do all the fun decorating. I can't wait!

No comments: