Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mason the Manace

So you know how some people (not me of course) adopt a puppy from the humane society and keep it for a few days, or weeks, or months and then decide it isn't a "good fit" for their family?  Maybe the dog is hard to potty train.  Or maybe he bites their mailman. Or maybe he's jumping on their kids and just way too high energy. So this family takes the dog back and turns him back over to the nice people at the humane society so he can find a new home that will be able to handle him.  CAN YOU DO THAT WITH KIDS????

Doesn't he just look like trouble???











We had a NOT great night.  Mason's new little trick is to get up and go into Ellie's room and wake her up.  It is bad enough if he does it early in the morning, but last night, he decided to do it at 3:30...and 4am.  Luckily I heard him before he actually woke her up.  Needless to say, I am way beyond tired today.

The kids got up this morning and I was fresh out of their normal frozen waffle breakfast.  Being that I am in the running for Mother of The Year, I cooked biscuits.  I got the kids all settled at their little table in the kitchen with their biscuits and jelly and went to dry my hair.  Ellie came into the bathroom and said "Mama...Mason is smearing jelly all over the floor."  I went to the kitchen expecting to find a small smear of jelly I could quickly wipe and be done.  I found a 3 foot by 3 foot smear of grape jelly all over the hardwood and little size 7 footie pj footprints leading away from it.

I had to wipe the jelly up and then mop the floor TWICE and I still think there are some jelly spots.  That boy can find some trouble to get into.  It seems that messes are a new phase.  Sunday, the kids were playing outside and I peeked out to check on them and found Mason with mud up to his ankles all over his tennis shoes.

So you see, I think Mason may be a bit too high energy for our family.  Maybe we'll just get a goldfish.

***THIS IS ONLY A JOKE.  I ADORE MY KIDS AND WOULD (almost) NEVER TAKE THEM TO THE HUMANE SOCIETY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted this...I have been thinking how nice a puppy would be...I'll just take Mason !!