Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Roasted Veggies

Ok, so yeah I am a wannabe Pioneer Woman.  Honestly folks, I feel like I have a lot in common with that girl   I live in the middle of nowhere.  That's established, right?  I too never dreamed I would ever have to know how to load cattle onto a trailer or move them from field A to field B (or know them all by name).  And I certainly never thought there was any need to can tomatoes since Kroger has them all canned for me at the low price of like $.69 a can.  Oh and I love to cook.  And I think I'm funny. 
So I think it's only fitting that I do a wannabe Pioneer Woman cooking post.  I was craving veggies the other night.  (Weird, I know) I dreamed up this recipe and it was so good I ate the leftovers for lunch the next day. I am kind of new to the whole roasting thing and I really love the flavor it brings to things.  





I used squash, zucchini, carrots, new potatoes asparagus and mushrooms.  I think it would be YUM to add whole green beans or onion.  OH or sweet potatoes.  The possibilities are really endless.  So wash and cut up all the veggies.  Just make the veggies all about the same size so the cooking time is the same.

Spread on a cookie sheet with a rim and drizzle with olive oil, seasoned salt and pepper.
Roast for 30 minutes or so at450 degrees.

I served it with couscous and pan fried turkey cutlets and it was ZOMG so good!


I think these guys are cute.

No comments: