Thursday, July 17, 2008

Daddy's Traveling

Brandon is in England for a week. It's hard on all of us, but in different ways. Ellie got up while I was in the shower this morning and came in there and said, "Why isn't Daddy here?" Now she knows where he is. But she misses him so much. They are so close and I hope they can always be that close. I hope Brandon will always respect Ellie and listen to her. He gets a bad rap, but he is a great dad. His traveling is hard because I do not have his help to get everyone ready in the mornings and get everyone fed and bathed at night and I have to do all the kid's stuff in addition to all the farm stuff. I tell Ellie we have to look at the bright side and enjoy it being "just us" and that we do a good job at the chores when Daddy is not there. I enjoy the "me" time when he is gone and everyone is in bed. But these week long trips are hard.
Ellie cracked me UP the other day. She was being a little moody and Nana was on the phone and Ellie was not talking to her and I told mom that Ellie was being Uncle Backwards. Ellie got that. So when mom hung up she said "Not goodbye", "I'm not doing good", "come on turn red" (to the stop light) That kid AMAZES me. Her latest is that she thinks she is magic because she can make stop lights turn green if she says "Come on TURN GREEN!"
Last night as I was rocking Mason after his bedtime bottle, I just looked down at his sweet face and thought how blessed I am to have two beautiful healthy children. I am so thankful that God trusted me to take care of them!

No comments: