Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ellie Jordan

Wow. I had really hoped to do this more than once a week. But I guess anything is good. Ellie's 3rd birthday was Sunday. We celebrated with a party on Saturday with all the grandparents, Biz and Tim. She got a ton of stuff. Brandon and I gave her a John Deere trike with pink and purple streamers and a pink basket. She was a little overwhelmed.
So today is dedicated to Ellie. What a firecracker. She has very defined ideas about how she wants things and she does not give up until they are her way. She is so smart I cannot believe it. She has been spelling for over a year. She recognizes all letters and numbers. She can add and subtract (in concept) and she can write her name! She has an incredible imagination. She has an imaginary family whose lives really parallel our family. George is her husband and Bitty is their baby. They live on a farm. The questions she comes up with on a daily basis AMAZE me. She asked last week if God has a car and what color it is. She remembers everything. EVERYTHING. She brings so much joy to our lives. She told me last week, after I cleaned the house "Mama, you did a really good job on this house!"

No comments: