Monday, July 21, 2008

Country Living


We had a great weekend. Buying the farm was one of the best decisions we've ever made. I love the peacefulness there. I love sitting the front porch and just being. It was stiffling hot yesterday so I got out the little blow-up pool for Mason while Ellie was napping. His swim was cut short when he kept trying to crawl out of the pool and play in the dirt/grass. He is so busy! And everything goes straight to his mouth. I've decided that when he gets big enough, I may go to pull-ups because diaper changes are often a wrestling match. No matter how much singing or
MY VIEW FROM THE FRONT PORCH
whistling I do he is always flipping around. I wised up today and buttoned the crotch of his jon-jon before I put it on him. Back to yesterday...then Ellie woke up from her nap and she had made the comment "I wish I had a playhouse" before her nap. So I got out the pink camoflouge tent her cousins gave her for her birthday last year and set it up to surprise her. She was excited and she had her snack in there. But as I said, it was hotter than the surface of the sun so after a little while, we packed it in and went inside.
Saturday, we had gone to Bobby and Nancy's to swim. Ellie and Mason had such a great time. I don't quite understand Ellie's fears. They are so random. She's scared of the water, but she cannot understand why she has to be careful around a 1,000 pound cow. She had a good time anyway because she hitched rides on the floats and played on the steps.
Actually, nothing on the farm scares her. For that I am thankful. I'm happy that my kids are growing up on a farm because it was always something I craved as a kid. I loved going to Grandma's house and seeing horses, cows, the barns, the tractors, fishing, and gardening. I also miss the neighborhood life for them some. I wish we had a sidewalk to ride bikes and walk. But I guess we'll get through it and use Nana and Poppop's sidewalk when we can.
We're still in the process of getting this house plan thing figured out. I mentioned yesterday the possibility of adding onto the current house. Brandon jumped at the idea. But now I am wishing I hadn't thought of it. I am afraid his research into finding out if it is a possibility is going to add so much to our building time. I am ready for a new place! I am over it having to be extravagent. I just don't want bugs. I love our house now. I love the location. I am even trying to look at it as kind of shabby chic/ country living. But 20 moths around my bedroom light fixture at bedtime is NOT COOL.

No comments: