Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ok I'm a blogger


When Ellie was a baby I did a great job at documenting her milestones. I have not done as well with Mason. And I have not done as well with documenting Ellie's milestones since Mason came along. I have no excuse. I just can't seem to get it together. So maybe this will help me. This first blog will be dedicated to Mason.

My sweet sweet precious Mason. What a gift. As an infant, he was so laid back. He's been easy since day one. A good sleeper. Easy to get back to sleep if he woke in the night. From the beginning I knew he'd be busy. Mason always loved tummy time. He rolled over spontaneously at 3 months then he started rolling on his own at 4 months. He was sitting by 5-6 months. And at 6 1/2 months he started getting up on all fours and rocking. It was the cutest thing. He did that for about 2 weeks and we were all ready for him to take off any day and then...slowly at first...he started crawling at about 7 months! It was long (maybe 2 weeks) until he was pulling up and standing on his own. And now at 8 1/2 months he is cruising. He is into everything. He not very interested in toys or thing he is allowed to play with. He'd much rather get into my purse. Mason is and always has been so friendly. He smiles and everyone and goes to anyone. His Daddy would say that his favorite person is Mama. But I would say his favorite person is Poppop. Sorry Nana, but Poppop and Mason are definitely pals. And then there is Mason's adoration of Ellie. His face just lights up every time she enters the room and he thinks everything she does to him or for him is the funniest thing ever. She can tackle his and roll around on the floor and he just laughs.
Mason is an OK eater. He has never been crazy about bottles. He doesn't much care for a sippy cup. He does like solid foods, but still, not that much. He has been finger feeding himself for about a month and we try new things all the time. This week, we started ritz crackers in small pieces and he loves them. Mason is a really good sleeper. He is ready for bed by 7 pm and I just put him in there and he goes to sleep. Did I say he's sweet? Precious, really! I guess I could gush for days but I will save it for more entries. I hope I can keep this up.

No comments: