Saturday, September 20, 2008

I miss Jackie!

Brandon and I are in the process of building a house on our farm. When we decided to build, I had no idea what all this would involve. So far, we are to the point of ordering our plans( and they have come in). Now we have to sit down and make our changes, meet with our builder, he has to make the changes and then we break ground. While we are building, we are lucky enough to be able to live in a quaint little farmhouse on the farm. Quaint. My dad called it "cottage living" the day we were moving. Basically, we lost about 900 square feet when we sold our house and moved here. The kids are sharing a room and we have ONE bathroom. Yeah, quaint. The clutter builds up fast. And most of all, I miss Jackie. Jackie is our cleaning lady. A few years ago, Brandon came in one day and said "Charlie said they have this great cleaning lady and we should call her." Now I can just guess how this conversation went: something along the lines of me just having been on a rant that we have to cleanthe house and Brandon moaning to Charlie that he can't go off and hang tree stands or fiddle fart in the woods because he has to help. At that point, I imagine Charlie dropping the bomb that he has a great cleaning lady and we should call her.
I digress...When we sold the other house, I had to tell Jackie that I just didn't feel like it would be worth her time to drive all the way out here to clean such a tiny house. But man do I miss her! Why do I miss her so much today, you might ask. Because I have been attempting to get this tiny little house clean since my feet hit the floor this morning. So far, I deep cleaned the bathroom, washed and dried mine and Brandon's sheets. And since it is almost 9 pm, I suppose I better be getting said sheets back on the bed.
Ellie is at her first WKU home game of the year with Nana and Poppop so hopefully I will have a chance to dust, change the kids' sheets and do floors. And Biz and I are planning to hit a few of the Parade of Homes houses for ideas! Brandon had a GREAT huntoing night and saw 6 bucks! That certainly makes it worth us living over here. He climed out of the tree and was in the house within 10 minutes!
If anyone sees Jackie, tell her I miss her and please don't fill my spot because I will need her again!!!
I can't get a link to work to save my life so here it is (cut and paste!): http://www.frankbetz.com/homeplans/plan_info.html?pn=3973

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Your posts crack me up! I wish I had a Jackie of my own, but, as we're in the same boat house-size-wise, no dice for me! Bummer! Hope you're having a great weekend! xoxo - Does. :)