Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We all had a great Christmas. We got home From Indiana yesterday afternoon. We had a nice visit, but I must say it was pretty hard on all of us. Mason started getting sick Christmas Day and continued to get worse. He had a lot of trouble sleeping and GETTING to sleep and we were just all worn out. It is nice to be home! Brandon said he never knew how much he'd miss this tiny little farmhouse! Everyone slept all night last night!
I took Mason to the dr this morning. He has a terrible ear infection, and is wheezy. So we are back to 5 breathing treatments a day, an oral steroid and an antibiotic. Hopefully it will kick in and he will be feeling better soon. As I type, he and Ellie are napping peacefully and Brandon and I are chilling.
Santa was very good to all of us. Brandon and I decided not to buy much for one another since I got my embroidery machine and all that goes with that a few months back and Brandon has gotten two new tractors and a new truck this year. We bought gifts from the kids so I got two beautiful scarves and a sewing lamp and Brandon got insulated work gloves. Wow how things change once you're Santa! But I also got a lot of nice things from our families!
The kids got more stuff that I think they'll ever be able to play with. Ellie got loads of baby things: stroller, bed, swing for the baby, carrier, clothes, bottles and diapers. She also got a Vsmile, Lincoln Logs, markers, crayons, Tag reading thinger, Candyland and a block puzzle and I am sure I missed something. Mason got two tractors (one with a wagon), a ride-on airplane!, blocks, a peg board to hammer, books, and on and on. Together they got a DVD player for their room and a DVD player for the car. I am not sure how I lived three years without a DVD player for the car! Well, I do know how...Ellie has only just started watching TV and she spends much of her time in the car telling me stories about her imaginary family or singing along to Taylor Swift. But I think we are all going to enjoy having it. I do want to make some rules and not just stickin a DVD every time we are in the car. My kids are really good in the car, especially considering that on weekdays we spend no less than an hour and a half in the car each day.
I have already started the process of cleaning out the kids room of "old" toys and putting some of the new stuff in there. I really think I am going to downsize what they have in there because honestly they only have so much time to play with it all. It loses its luster fast so I would really like to start rotating toys a little more often to cut down on clutter and keep them more interested in what they have.
Brandon is leaving Thursday to go to Alabama and hunt with Tim. I know they will have fun. The kids and I are going to the WKU game with Biz and my parents on New Years Day. I'm hoping mom will take pity on me and stay with me one night to help me get the house together and very clean before we have to start back to school next week. :)

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I feel you on being so happy to be home!!!