Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things are coming together

I admire people who have it all together (or at least seem to). I do not. And I am pretty sure anyone who has seen me come into school in the mornings can attest to that. I always try to carry too much. Think: three bags, c cup of coffee, a one year old on my hip and a three year old's hand, possible a coat or a hat that should be on someone's head. Sometimes (although I will not say always so that Nana will not scold me) said three year old is running behind me crying/ screaming/ yelling. At home, I have not felt much better. I feel like there are always too many dishes and too much laundry. EVERYONE is always on me about my messy car. But seriously, you drive 30-45 minutes home in the evening, arrive after dark in the cold, get the kids in and ALL THAT ARTWORK! (really I love their artwork. Mostly) But I am making some changes. They are happening everywhere I turn and I just hope Brandon will come along for the ride!
As I posted before, my house is NEAT. I am still excited. My puzzle has remained in tact and the few pieces that have come out have been placed right back where they belong. When Brandon arrived home Monday, I did notice that adding one more person to the mix started to create some issues but I feel confident we will be able to handle it. My AWESOME sister insisted that we CLEAN my truck on Sunday night. We got all the junk out. We wiped down all surfaces and vacuumed it out. We even vacuumed carseats! In the mornings, all bags are packed and we just grabbed our things and get out the door. I am starting to feel some peace! I am committing to keeping this up. The small effort it takes to keep things together is so worth not feeling totally scattered on a daily basis!
The kids are much better. We did make one more run to the Ped yesterday for a little weekly visit. Actually, Ellie complained to her teacher that her ears hurt so I took her for good measure. The dr said because of the scare tissue in her ear, he could not be sure if there was fluid so he gave her an antibiotic just in case.
So 2009 is the YEAR OF JENNIFER! If you see me coming in to school and you do a double take at that totally together girl who looks like she should be gracing the front of Parent's Magazine, IT'S ME. Ok who am I kidding. I will always have too many bags and be 5 minutes late! But 5 minutes is better than an hour! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember what happened to "The Summer of George".....

Desiree said...

Hahahahahahaahah! Sorry, Brandon cracked me up to the point I forget what clever little quip I had ready.