Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Monday! We had a nice weekend. On Saturday, the kids and I went along with Biz and my mom to my grandad's 86th Birthday. Happy Birthday Grandad! Then yesterday after church, Biz, mom and I made a trip down to Vanderbilt to see my uncle Ted. Last week, my uncle was in a very bad accident while loading a bull onto a trailer. He has several broken ribs, a broken jaw, a broken vertebrae in the top of his spine and LOTS of scrapes and bruises. He has been in the Trauma Unit at Vandy but was finally moved to a room on Friday evening. I have to say he was looking much better than I expected based on the reports I have gotten all week. Although, I think almost a week of healing can do miracles! He is finally having a better time with pain management. The tentative plan is that he will get to go home today around noon. Once he gets home, he still has a long road ahead of him. My uncle will be 70(I am pretty sure this is right!) next year. But even typing that AMAZES me because you would really never know it. He is one of those guys who never stops and is always, always helping other people. I told him yesterday that he is going to have to find some patience to let himself heal. Then I added that patience was not a quality that God was generous with in the Pemberton family! Ted agreed. It is going to be very difficult for him to rest and let his body heals the way it needs to. Everyone is already worried about him having to wear the collar for 12 weeks to heal his neck. Keeping him still is going to be quite a chore. So pray for his patience and Nadine's ability to keep him resting as long as possible!
In house news: our builder, Shawn is meeting with the excavator today or tomorrow to give him the plan and then hopefully Doug (excavator) will be able to start ASAP! Our contract says it will be completed 7 months from when we "break ground" so I am still holding out hope for Ellie's birthday, July 13th. But honestly, I am just so happy we are finally getting started! Happy week everyone!

No comments: