Monday, June 1, 2009

"I put all of it in..."

So my mom always tells me "keep a journal!" any time some new something happens with the kids. Here's hoping this website will still be around when they can appreciate these stories.

My parents took the kids to a graduation party for my cousin yesterday afternoon. As soon as they got back home, Ellie needed to go to the bathroom so off she went. She was in there for quite a while and mom and dad had to leave so mom went to check on her/ say good-bye. Again, mom was gone longer than I thought she should be so I went to check. Only to find a little "issue." Ellie had stopped up the potty. Bad. So a flood and several beach towels later, I remedied the problem. THANKFULLY all I found was toilet paper. I asked Ellie "HOW MUCH DID YOU USE???" Her response: "I used all of it." Ok, so we once again had the "it only takes a little to wipe your bottom. DO. NOT. EVER. use that much again." As Biz said" my bathroom floor was in need of a good mopping anyway so it was a win-win. Always looking on the bright side, that Biz.

Also, Ellie had her first black eye last week. She had a little run-in with a serving bowl that someone was holding:

This picture is pretty funny! She was not as mad as she looks. I wanted to take a picture but every time I'd take it, she'd smile and you couldn't see her eye so I told her not to smile and this is what we got.

Our weekend was pretty nice. Saturday, we stopped by another cousin's graduation party and then went to a cookout with some *new* church friends. Our church is doing a special little thing this summer. They gave the opportunity to sign up for small group cookouts. Five (or 6 in our case) couples/ families sign up and all get together once in May, June and July for fellowship and a good meal at someone's house. We had our first cookout on Saturday evening. The other families were all wonderful and I really love the opportunity to get to know everyone better outside of church. So far, I have volunteered in the nursery, but for the most part, we go to chruch, speak to a couple of people and that's it. I haven't gotten to know anyone at all, really. This was a BIG thing for Brandon as anyone who knows him at all will surely understand. I really appreciate him going along.


The weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Last night we moved the new calf and his mama


over to the other field and while I was standing out in the driveway being a human cow barrier, I actually got cold! So for all the bad rap that Kentucky weather gets, I appreciate it most at this time of year. People in Kentucky do not know humidity! I can remember in Montgomery being outside in the evenings and sweating!


Here's a link to the house pics. I don't think I've posted an updated link lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl...journaling !! One of these days you will have to struggle to remember the details of those "precious" stories. Was there a link to the house pics? You know me...I will listen to stories over and over...and look at pictures...any pictures...over and over :):) Send me the link please.
Nana

kmondo77 said...

That calf is so pretty!