Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Weekend from the Tundra



It snowed. Weee... And it wasn't some piddly little dusting. It's a beautiful, cover everything, hard to walk in snow! I have to say I would not want this all the time. And I am pretty much OVER winter. But every now and then it is nice.
We stayed in all weekend. Staying in is not unusual for us, but at least we had a good excuse for being homebodies this weekend! I also planned to do a whirwind cooking extravaganza (more on this later) and I figured this was a great weekend for that too.





Brandon braved the elements with the kids. I saw lots of Facebook posts about people going sledding with their kids. Maybe there is something wrong with me. Maybe it's just because my kids are so young. But nothing about the sentence "Let's bundle the kids up and go sledding" appeals to me. So I bundled the kids up and they stayed out for about 15 minutes. I put on a lightweight jacket and my Target rainboots to snap a couple of pictures. I wasn't prepared and it was COLD. Mason doesn't understand "Honey you will not be able to feel your toes if we stay out any longer." He wasn't thrilled to come in. Then today, Brandon took them each for a short, separate 4 wheeler rides. But all in all, we were inside a lot of the weekend. Needless to say, they took terrible naps and went to bed early. And I am taking a cue from them and heading there myself! Night night, People of the Interweb.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful site !! Not sure who took the barn pic but it could be enlarged and framed for your new house !!! Awesome !! And ...of course the kiddies are so so cute in their snow gear !