Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome to the new Millennium, Fields Family

I am typing from my very own computer! Brandon and I have never had a computer. Hard to believe, eh? He has always had a laptop for work and I had a lap[top that kind of half worked, also from work (a cast off from someone else that was BROKE. DOWN.). So we decided to join the ranks of the tech savy and get a computer of our very own! I got a Dell and I really like it. I got green (Brandon did not approve). I've decided green is my power color!
We've had a pretty busy week. I am proud to say that I went to "Bootcamp" last Saturday, kickboxing Tuesday, Bootcamp Wednesday and Bootcamp yesterday. And contrary to Biz's prediction, I did just fine. I even beat her husband in the last run around the parking lot. Although I am sure he will say he was walking on purpose because he wanted to bring his heartbeat down or some such non-sense.

Now if someone can kindly tell me what I am doing to re-size everything on my screen so that you can read it from across the room, I would much appreciate it. Seriously. Mason just bumped me and I turned back around to everything on my screen about 5 times bigger.

Mason is sick. Sam story, different week. It started last Sunday. I held out until Thursday then finally took him to the dr. He said the congestion was not in his chest and he saw no signs of infection. Friday, he had a fever and has been complaining that his ears hurt. The complaining is actually a new one for us. Even with all of her terrible ear infection, Ellie never complained. And this morning his ears were draining. Nice. The dr did give me a rx for an antibiotic "just in case" so I had that filled on Friday but I can't say I think it's doing much. Good times. Oh and I have a stuffy nose and sore throat. Joy Joy Joy.

I've started decorating. I need a decorator. Not only because I just don't have decoraty ideas, also because time is not something that is plentiful. We got a few pictures hung yesterday. I want cool decoraty things and I just have no ideas. I know I said that.
Here are a couple of things we did in the kitchen:
We hung this ??? We are not sure what it is. (If you know, email me or comment!) It was in some of the stuff Brandon got from his Grandma and we thought it would make a nice little place to hang cutesy towels.




My mom did this last weekend when she stayed here to keep the kids. Ok, I had the cookbooks out like that but she added the gravy boat and tray. But I thought it was cute. See, I am impressed with small things.


We also got this out. We like it. It used to hang on our wall. It was something Brandon's mom had tanned years ago and she gave it to him. It kinda freaks my mom out. Especially when she said "Oh look at that." and Ellie said "Yeah, it's cow clothes." I guess I am cool like the Pioneer Woman! I'm pretty sure she has a cow skin rug.





PS gg if you are reading, let's schedule a date for you and Nana to come work your magic.

2 comments:

Nana said...

My decorating calendar is filling up fast...I have to help paint and decorate a nursery !! So...we need to get busy on your house. I think the first thing we need to do is collect/gather all of the "stuff" from the various locations where it is stored and then work from there. You probably have stuff you don't even remember you have!! Once we get all of the things that you have placed we will know what is needed to complete the "look". Sound like a plan??

Brandon said...

I only agree if Gail helps. She is the only one who would like MY stuff and would help me display it somewhere other than a dark corner of the basement....