Friday, April 2, 2010

{We Should Get Out More}

Mason continues on the potty training trek.  He is really doing so well!  One day this week, I needed to stop at the store on the way home.  This is NEVER my preference.  I do most of my shopping on my lunch hour because the combination of tired kids and busy grocery stores just doesn't mix well.  But Brandon needed Mt. Dew and we all know he should never be without that.  Oh and I needed Diet Coke and we all know I should NEVER EVER be without that.

There is a small window after picking Mason up from his class that we can go without a trip to the potty and I knew we would miss the window with our stop so I knew we needed a pit stop once we hit the store.  We headed straight to the restroom and I corralled both kids into the very small stall.  Ellie announced she needed to go BAD so I proceeded to assist her.

Now remember:  SMALL stall.  Three people.  Mason was behind me.  I assisted Ellie and turned around to find Mason GONE.  "MASON!  Where are you???"  Ellie says, "Oh he crawled under the door."  She watched him leave!  I open the door hoping that all of Kroger won't see my 4 year old's business, grab the 2 year old and close the door.  So I am holding Mason and he grabs the top of the stall wall and tries to CLIMB OVER.

Have you ever tried to put a cat in a box?  Ok, you get the picture.  Obviously, Mason has not visited enough public restrooms.  Or maybe I need more practice.

*****
Ellie is getting so. grown. up!  Since Mason is potty trained she feels like she can take care of him pretty well by herself.  I sent her downstairs this morning to get dressed.  A few minutes later I asked Brandon to go check on her and get Mason dressed.

Brandon returned to report that Ellie had taken Mason's pajamas off and gotten him all dressed except his shirt.  She couldn't find his undies so she put a pull up on him.  She's my little problem solver!

We have Kindergarten registration week after next.  I am looking into homeschooling materials.

No comments: