Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Headed for Breakdown


Sometimes I get so caught up in my day to day stress that I forget how lucky I am. I am stressed to the max this week in preparation for our federal review at work. Mason's birthday is coming up on Friday and I feel like I haven't planned a thing. I have people coming at me from 90 different directions asking what I want for the house and with things that need to be done at work. And life goes on...there is still laundry to be done and kids to be fed.
The kids are finally well. Mason ended up with a really bad case of pneumonia last week after the flu. Thankfully I had the intuition to take him back to the doctor last Monday so we spent the entire day in the doctor's office and at the hospital getting a chest xray to confirm a very "dense pneumonia in both lungs". Poor guy had to have an antibiotic shot and another round of oral antibiotics as well as more breathing treatments at home. Thank goodness for Brandon, Nana and Poppop who stayed home with him all week last week. He is all better this week and glad to be back at school!

My nervous breakdown is still slated for late this week or early next week but I am sure it won't last long. A few days of rocking back and forth in a corner and I should be good to go!

In all of this, I was reminded this morning when I uploaded some house pics: I AM SO BLESSED! It's so easy to lose sight of that when things get crazy. I look at those house pictures and I can't believe it's really mine. I added some pics to the album:
HOUSE

2 comments:

Nana said...

Ok...this is a test...what kind of a birthday cake did you have for your 2nd birthday?...come on.. surely you remember. How about 3rd?...4th...well.. I bet you remember that we all gathered around you and made it "your" special day..right?? If you don't remember, the pictures you look at even today tell the story of how special you were...and still are. Mason will understand that too!! By the way..."I" remember that I had laundry stacked up on many of your birthdays...but you didn't know that !! :):)

The Belchers said...

I started at the Breck-Grayson Head Start in Dec. and we had a review in Feb - I was stressed to the max!!! They went out on a HV with me!!! and you know how the families are....unpredictable!! But all went well : ) I will say it was more intense than the one I went through 3 years ago at CA! Good Luck!