Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's Over!

I survived. Monday and Tuesday I left the house before the sun came up and Biz brought the kids to school for me. Yesterday things got back to normal and they came with me. Ellie and I had some pretty meaningful conversations on the way to school yesterday.
Conversation 1:

Me: Ellie, do you see that house? They started building it AFTER we did and now those people already live in it.
Ellie: Really? That was fast!
Me: I know. What’s wrong with this picture?
Ellie: What picture?
Me: The picture of them living in their house before us when they started building their house after we started. Think about it in your head.
Ellie: OH! Good question! Another good question is: Why do the Duggars have so many kids? And they are ALL J!
Me: Hey I could live with them because I am a J.
Ellie: Me too!
Me: Ok, but we’d have to call you Jellie.
Ellie: Ok, I think I will just live with you.

Converstation 2:
{She told me something about Bob going on a day trip to Africa.}
Ellie: Who can I be married to when I get big???
Me: Well, maybe you can marry one of your friends.
Ellie: How about I be married to Daddy?
Me: Well, you can’t do that and he’s already married to me {for now}.
Ellie: Ok, well then I will just live with you forever.
Me: Ok I think that sounds great. But if you do get married you would marry someone your own age. Your friends will get big too and you will marry one of them.
Ellie: Ok but I will still live with you.
Me: That sounds great. You and your husband and kids can live in the basement.
Ellie: Where will we sleep? Ok, my husband can sleep with me {GASP!} and the baby can sleep in a crib.
Me: How many kids will you have?
Ellie: One. Well, you have two so I will have two.
Me: Not 18?
Ellie: No! Only 2.

I am thrilled that she is so conscious of her carbon footprint that she doesn’t want to overpopulate the Earth. I am also really happy she and her family will be living with me.
Mason had a great birthday. All of his grandparents came and he was showered with gifts. I joked that I was going to put it all away and put it under the tree from “Santa”. Last night, he went into his room right before bedtime {Somehow it seems that my kids always play like angels when they know bedtime is nearing. It’s as if they just know if they are quiet, we might just forget they are there and forget to put them to bed…} I sent Ellie in to check on him because he was just too quiet. When she walked in I heard him say “GO way!” She came back to report that he was playing with his train and motorcycle and he told her to go away. Howyalooya! Maybe the 2 Year old Mason will learn to play alone for 5 minutes!
Sunday we had a great time with the Jordan crew at Bizfest 2009. All of mom's family came out to Trammel for an afternoon of cornhole, a chili cook-off and we celebrated the October birthdays. Jake came up with the theme for the year: "Chili in the pot and a bun in the oven" Humor runs in the family.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Wonderful conversation!! Hey...you told me you were going to ALWAYS live with me too !! What happened?? Talk it over with Brandon and see if we could work that out...after all it would solve your not finished house issues !! :)