Friday, October 9, 2009

It's a Praty!

Several years ago we had a little Jordan Vacation to the lake. Sometime during that week, my dear, sweet, hilarious cousin Shelby {who was 8 at the time and is 22 now...I think} made a banner. The banner read "It's a Praty!" That has kind of become our family motto. And if you know the Jordans, it fits.
Welcome to my pity praty. I actually think I should just change the friggin blog name! I feel like all I ever blog about is the horrible circumstances of my life. Before I go on, I do realize I am BLESSED and people have it so much worse than me. But the way you feel about your own circumstances is relative, right? Some people might say I don't know stress. Perhaps. But this seems stressful to me.
Anyway...Mason has the flu. He was going downhill all weekend and by Sunday night/ Monday morning I knew we were headed to the dr. They confirmed flu so it's been a pretty crazy week trying to juggle work responsibilities and two kids. Brandon left Monday at 7 am and won't be back until this evening. I have had a lot going on at work because we are preparing for a federal review the last week of October {happens every three years and all of our funding depends on it. Big DILL.} Ellie woke up this morning with sniffles and a cough. {I was actually just SURE she had a mild case of the flu two weeks ago!} Thank the good Lord for my parents.
Mason seems to be improving and I am just hoping Ellie will be ok. And really not {only} because I don't know who will take care of her next week, but because I just hate having sick kids. They are so pitiful!
Have I mentioned that I have a nervous breakdown scheduled for sometime before November 1? Seriously people. Sick babies, ENORMOUS pressure at work, 90 calls/ decisions a day about the house {not to mention that after a couple of good weeks of progress they didn't hit a lick at a stick this week!}...November 1 cannot come soon enough.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Venting...ahhhhh...it makes us feel soooo much better !! Just breathe Baby Girl..we are here and will fill in where you can't figure it out !! Peace without Adversity would not be nearly as "sweet". Just imagine the sense of accomplishment you will feel when this has "passed" :)