Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busy week




Well I am just now getting a chance to update the blog. My sister pointed out that I have not posted anything in a while and said she was tired of seeing the pic of Ellie on Pinkie Pie.
Things have been pretty busy for me, but not necessarily exciting. Brandon was out of town Monday and Tuesday nights and got back home today. Last Sunday I decided to have a little photo shoot with the kids. It was kind of spur of the moment, but I had been thinking I really wanted some pictures of them with the fall leaves and I wanted to get some good pictures of Mason around his first birthday. So we went into the front yard and I set up their pumpkins and my mums and we went to town. I was really pleased with how well the pictures turned out.
I am busy getting ready for Mason's First Birthday. I still want to make him a birthday shirt and I actually may run in there and make it tonight! It will just be us, Biz and Tim and the grandparents. Jen and Cam and the girls can't make it. I am hoping for nice weather so we can be outside mostly.
I guess one exciting thing that happened was this afternoon when campus went on lockdown. I was across town at our other center and I got a text message from the emergency system at WKU that shots had been fired at PFT (Pierce Ford Tower- a dorm) which is literally right across the street from our building. And my kids were there. So I jumped in my truck and ran back to the main center. They had all the kids locked in the interior hallway. There were tons of cops on campus and as I turned in I noticed a sharp shooter in the grass across the street. Scary stuff. Although, as it turned out, it was just a couple of big fist fights that had started as a party last Saturday night and continued today. So hopefully, all that is over and the rest of the week will be more low-key!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MASON!!!!