Friday, October 10, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Good weekend people of the interweb! I just love Friday! We've had a pretty good week. I have done a lot of sewing and I am getting more orders all the time. Check out my other blog if you haven't! http://www.initialreactiondesigns.blogspot.com/ I know you know a kid who needs a cute tee!
Mason has decided he is a big boy this week! Sunday I decided to start trying more exclusive table food and he has taken to it like a duck to water! Mason has never been a very good eater with bottles or baby food. Actually, he has always pretty much hated bottles. Now I know why: He wants chicken nuggets and steak fingers! Last night he ate a steak finger, diced carrots, diced pears and 3/4 of a banana! And followed it up with tons and tons of crackers and a sippy of milk. Most days, based on the reports I from school and at home in the evenings, Mason eats better than Ellie! I am really happy about this because I just don't think I could handle another eater as picky as my sweet Ellie. She refused baked potato last night! And she only just started likeing french fries and chicken nuggets. That's just un-American!
Onto Ellie and her political views...I have pointed out all of the candidates to Ellie during the debates. When she is on one of those cute show where they are interviewing kids who "say the darndest things" I want her to be well-informed about who our president is. She knows them all including moderators. Tuesday night Ellie wanted to know where Leo was. After some questioning, we realized she was asking abou Jim Lehrer The moderator for the first debate)!. I guess she doesn't like Tom Brokaw. Then she got into a conversation with Brandon about who she likes:
ELLIE: I like Barrack Obama!
BRANDON (AKA MR REPUBLICAN): NO YOU DO NOT!
E: Yes, I do!
B: NO YOU DON'T. He going to take all your money.
E: (Shoulders shrugged hands in the air, head bobbing) Um, I don't have any money!

I found this entire exchange so funny. She has since decided that McCain is her man. I remember when I used to vote like my dad told me to as well...
This weekend should be a pretty normal weekend for the Fields. Brandon is still stalking the BIG ONE. Ellie will be going to the WKU game with Nana and Poppop. I hope to get some sewing time in. And Mason will be hanging out. Everyone have a good one!


Nana and Ellie at the zoo

1 comment:

Biz said...

A word to Nana. That is a Hippo, not a Rhino...