Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lots to share!


The Whole Family

The Cousins

The Chili Cook-off Winners: Shelby, Skyler and Brittany


First, Mason is doing great. He had his surgery yesterday and it went really well. It was super quick. Mom went with me because Brandon and I felt like it was best for Ellie to keep her home and in her routine. So Brandon stayed with her and mom went with me to the hospital. Mom and I had barely sat down in the waiting room before the dr was out to give us the information on the surgery. Then it wasn't 5 more minutes before they came to get us because he had woken up in recovery. It turns out that Mason had a significant blockage in his tear duct. Dr. Donahue says there is a higher than normal chance that the blockage may grow back within 3-4 weeks and we will have to do this all over again. Here's to hoping that does not happen! He's been alittle irritable yesterday and today and he has not wanted to nap at all. I finally got him down this afternoon and I am afraid he may never wake up and ruin bedtime now! Mason is scheduled to have tubes put in on November 7. We had hoped to have tubes and the tear duct done all at the same time, but that just did not work out.
Now on to other news...Bizfest 2008- The Fall Edition was a great success. All my mom's sisters and brother and all the cousins and my grandparents ventured out to Trammel to partake in the festivities. We had a chili cook-off, a birthday celebration and a cornhole tournament. And we got some family pictures taken. We all had a really great time. I will put a few pics on here and more can be found at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jennfields75/BizfestFall#





I am planning to take Mason back to school tomorrow and have some ME time. I have two more vacation days that I have to use or lose by Friday. Sadly, I really do need to be at work on Friday, so I have decided that Wednesday and Thursday will be MY days. I am hoping to whip the house into shape and sew sew sew.
This weekend, Biz has informed me we will be having another get- together to celebrate the Alabama Redditt boys' visit. Also, WKU Homecoming is this weekend and me and the kids are planning to join my parents at the Homecoming Parade on Friday and we also have to work in some Trick or Treating that evening. That should be a whirlwind...
I almost forgot..Mason got his first haircut! He needed it so bad so I finally gave in and asked my cousin Shelby, who happens to be a hair stylist, to cut it on Sunday. She did a great job. Mason was relatively still while she cut it and it turned out really cute. But he looks so grown up now!

No comments: