Monday, October 13, 2008

A productive weekend!


Yeehaw!

I love it when I feel accomplished on Monday morning. I feel like I got a lot done this weekend! I've been thinking that I could make my family's evenings go much smoother if we had less prep time for dinner. When we get home, we pretty much hit the door with two hungry kids (ok usually only one hungry kid and Ellie, but still) and I hate that evenings are always so rush rush that I end up throwing fish sticks or chicken nuggets in the oven for them and then Brandon and I grab something and choke it down between baths and bedtime. So I decided that it really wouldn't take too much to get some things prepared and frozen so I could thaw them and pop them in the oven. I made Chili Relleno Casserole, Cheesy Potatoes and Ham Casserole, Spinach Feta Pie, I cooked some taco meat, made two meatloaves, and marinaded some meat and froze it so it's easy to throw on the grill. In all, I froze 5 casseroles and all that meat. Ellie chose meatloaf for dinner tonight so I have it thawing!
I also got some sewing done. Check out the other blog for pics! Ellie went to the WKU game with my parents and she reported that she had a great time. I'm attaching a picture of her on her "pony". She was all ready for bed the other night and put on her cowboy hat that Aunt Biz got her in Dallas when she realized she needed a horse. She ran to her room and came out with Pinky Pie the singing and dancing My Little Pony (thanks again Biz...remember you'll have kids one day...) Brandon and I agreed we'd use the picture for blackmail some day.
Mason is still not walking. And I have kind of decided the longer it takes, the better. I told my dad that when Mason does get on his feet, he will be one of those kids you just chase everywhere. He will never stop. He had a good weekend but we realized yeterday afternoon that he really missed Ellie while she was gone!
I better get on to a productive rest of my week. Everyone have a good one!

No comments: