Thursday, June 18, 2009

Howya Looya!

Brandon left to go out of town Monday morning before I got up. This is our life. Brandon has traveled the entire time we have been together. It's what our family knows. The fact that this is our normal doesn't make his absence any easier. He would say I only miss him because I need his help. That is only partly true. While I do realize when he is gone how very much he helps me, I miss HIM. I don't sleep well when he's gone. I stay up much later and have to get up much earlier. All around, it just sucks.
Today, however, it reached a new high {or low?} of suckiness! Mason woke up around 12:08 am. I had seriously JUST fallen asleep {finally}. I got him all settled back down and Ellie arrived at my bedside at 4 am. I put her in bed with me and she proceeded to kick me in the head and back. I finally crept out of bed at 6 and went to shower. I figured I was safe to get completely ready before going to check on Mason because even if he woke up, he wouldn't wake Ellie and he would just play in his bed. I was mistaken.
I got all ready and I heard him crying for me so I rushed through the house to his room. When I walked in he was bawling and said "I dirty Mama!" Um, yeah. He had stuck his hand in his dirty diaper. He was very upset so I of course consoled him and rushed to get him changed. He really just wanted me to hold him but I had a hard time making him understand I didn't want to hug his poopie hands. Ok, Mason is cleaned up so I say "Wanna see what the dogs are doing?" Again, I was mistaken. I did not want to know what the dogs had been doing.
Now, remember, Brandon is out of town. Life on a farm is not easy as a single parent! {I really don't think Brandon "gets" this since it's all he's ever known, but I digress} One {seemingly very minor} issue is that our big outside trashcan stays at the road. When we take trash out, if we can't take it right up, we have to set it on the porch. MOST of the time, the dogs don't even pay attention. But, OF COURSE when Brandon is out of town, they notice the trash. Have you guessed what the dogs had been doing? DING DING DING! There was trash strewn all over my front yard. All. Over.
Ok, don't panic. Now I am realizing I am seriously late. I have trash to pick up. I am not dressed. Ellie woke up like a BEAR. Mason is only half dressed with a shirt on and two different crocs. AYE DE MI! Ok, deep breathe. We will get ready and get out the door.
And we did. On the way out, I picked up trash. I flipped on the DVD player in the truck and had {almost complete} peace and quiet on the way to school. Ellie threw one minor fit over being "really really hungry" and we had to straighten that out.
On the way home last night, Ellie said "Howya Looya Mama!" I said "Praise the Lord, Ellie." Mason repeated all of this. I have funny kids! At the end of the day {even a day like today}, I have a great husband, precious kids and a good life. Brandon will be home this evening. I learned my lesson about leaving Mason to his own devices for very long. And I will be going to bed at 8! HOWYA LOOYA and PRAISE THE LORD!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Howya Looya Praise the Lord indeed !!!! To "recognize" what a blessed life we have IS "a great blessing" !