Monday, June 15, 2009

Just the news...

I can't think of any adorable stories (although I know there are some!) so I guess I'll just get to it.
Friday, we met up with Biz and Tim and my parents at the Bowling Green Hot Rods game. We had fun. I am easily impressed because honestly, we do not get out much. You laugh. I am married to a HOME BODY. I am thrilled when he agrees to a social event! The kids had a blast mostly just because it was different and they ran and romped all night. Ellie has already asked when we are going to a ballgame again. I will say I think the Hot Rods need to step it up in the area of fan involvement. They need cheerleaders! (I am not voluteering!) They need to get the crowd more involved. I mean, who goes to a ballgame to watch the game???
Saturday night, Brandon and I went to Zanie's comedy club in Nashville to see Bob Zany. Brandon was on the Bob and Tom show last week in some weekly thing they do called "fix the joke" and he won tickets. We had a very good time. I am in hopes we will do it again soon.
The kids stayed with my parents Saturday night so Sunday, we slept in a little and then got to work on electric stuff for the house. We hung all of the recessed lighting fixtures and all of the regular light fixture boxes on the main floor. We are almost ready to pull wire and have the big part of the electric done. The HVAC guys are supposed to get everything done this week and then once the electric is roughed in, they will start drywall! Our siding has been ordered so hopefully that will be here soon. Oh and once it stops raining, they will finish the concrete.
Mason is a little poorly. (I will not he is note nearly as poorly as my grandmother thinks he is) I took him to the dr and he has thrush AGAIN and also is having bad allergy problems. He has that horrible cough again but no infection. He gave him some meds and took him off breathing treatments and added an allergy med so hopefully he will be good as new soon!
I have to share some of my handy work. I really really love monogramming and appliqueing. I don't have nearly enough time to do it, but I try to squeeze in a couple of projects for the kids each weekend. Here are a couple of shirts I did this weekend. I think Mason's surfboard shirt might be the cutest thing I've done! (And I tried 90 million different ways but it would only upload sideways!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute !! Lets have a girl's day of sewing soon !!

Nana said...

Why do my post say anonymous??

Nana said...

Figured it out !!!