Wednesday, March 3, 2010

{Wednesday is Senior Day}

This one is for Aunt Nancy.  I went downstairs to get baths started tonight and they were sitting at the bottom of the stairs and she was "reading" to him.  How stinking cute is that???
Biz and Lola came over tonight  because I told her I would make dinner  to see the kids and visit a little.  Biz brought her fancy new camera so all of these shots are courtesy of Photography By Biz.  I made Sesame Chicken and it was very very good. Biz offered to take pics and I felt it only fitting to share the pics and the recipe with you, my 5 readers.

 Go make it NOW!

Sesame Chicken 
1-1.5 pounds chicken breast 
1/4 cup flour 
1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 cup splenda 
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce 
1Tbsp sesame oil 
4 servings rice noodles  I served it with rice
fresh ground pepper 

1. Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces. (I did this back several weeks ago on that "Freezer Cooking Day".  Major time saver!)
2. Mix pepper and flour in a sealable container. 
3. Add chicken to flour mixture and shake until fully coated. 
4. Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray, add chicken and spray chicken with more cooking spray. 
5. Cook on medium high heat until fully cooked through. 
6. Remove chicken from pan and place on plate in the microwave to keep warm. 
7. To the same pan add soy sauce, sugar, splenda, and sesame oil. 
8. Stir until all sugar is dissolved and add chicken back in. 
9. Let simmer for 5 minutes. 

Makes 4 servings 

Optional: Add freshly steamed broccoli to chicken before serving. 

Nutritional Info per Serving: 
Calories: 509.9 
Fat: 4.9 
Fiber: 1.2



And finally: I went to Kroger this morning.  I was having a parent meeting at school and serving sack lunches and needed to get drinks.  As I was driving to Kroger I thought "It is SENIOR DAY at Kroger".  Now I knew better than to go on Senior Day.  I did. But honestly it was a toss up:  Wally World or Kroger on Senior Day.  I made the wrong decision.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed not one, not two, but FIVE vehicles parked so crooked that they were taking up two spaces.  And the sheer volume of traffic had people (read Seniors) really out of sorts. Crazy drivers.  Seniors and sixteen year olds.  

As they got out of their cars, they were just as reckless, walking down the MIDDLE of the parking lot.  HELLO?  Do you not hear my BIG Ford engine behind you???  I mean not that I would take anyone out.  Well, not on purpose!

I made my way through the store and got out of there.  Lucky for me: Seniors don't self check so it was a fairly quick and painless checkout.  I loaded up my truck and the Bag Girl/ Cart Girl (sorry if this is not PC but she is a woman bagger/ cart person) was getting the carts from the carousel beside me and waited for my cart.  I frequent this store and this lady is always very friendly and helpful. And blunt.  But I am pretty sure we all know that I happen to like blunt.

I gave the cart to her and said a friendly "Thanks!"  and she said "Have a great day!" and as I turned to get into my truck, she said this:  "Oh!  Ma'am, do me a favor and DON'T come on Senior Day."  BAAAHHH!!!!  I almost fell down laughing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of my Babies !! Ellie "The Teacher"...Mason "The Student". Funny how they claim "who they are" as Nanny says...Ellie loves to teach and Mason is like a little sponge. He just wants all there is..Lucky for him Ellie has "all" of the info to feed to him !!! That plate of food looked good enough to eat !! No wonder Biz wanted to come over to visit !! When can I come for a visit ?? After the 20th lets make it a regular night !!??