Wednesday, September 8, 2010

{NKOTB}

Last night, Brandon and I were watching tv.  Well, actually, I was watching tv.  Big Brother to be exact. It was DVR'd.  It is the only thing I cannot miss on tv.  Brandon was half watching/ half cleaning up the kitchen.  He's a gem.

So a commercial comes on for some new movie about vampire children.  I said "Uh, no thanks.  Gross."  Brandon asked what I was talking about so I told him "A new movie about vampire children."  He replied, "Oh that might be good."  (Tell me again how are we compatible?)  "Sounds like 'Lost Boys'.  You've seen 'Lost Boys', right?"

Evidently Brandon and I grew up in opposite universes.  I could tell you all the things he loves that I don't.  Or I could tell you all the things that I love that he hates.  Or all the things I have never seen that he loves.  But it is easier to tell you that the only popular television show we have a common love for is Little House on the Prairie.  Seriously. And now we're living the dream just like the Ingalls.

So back to Lost Boys.  Brandon insists that I must have seen it.  He goes on to add that I surely had a major crush on Corey Haim.  Hiam?  Haimm?  Um, no.  I did not.  "Who DID you have a crush on?"  he says.  "Well, um....I got all those "Teen Beat' magazines but I don't remember who I swooned over except for 'New Kids On the Block'" I say. (NKOTB for the real fans) And the rest goes like this:

Brandon: Ok which one did you love?
Me: Jordan
Brandon: Is he gay?
Me: IS he gay?
Brandon: IS he gay?
Me: Is HE gay?
Brandon:  Is he GAY?
Me:  Is he gay?
Brandon: IS. HE. GAY?  I don't know.  I am asking.
Me:  Oh.  Is he gay?  You say it like one of them is gay.  Is one of them gay????
(Because I might need therapy)

Brandon:  LANCE BASS IS GAY!

Me:  (Laughing so hard I am crying and almost peeing my pants)

I was finally able to get out the fact that Lance Bass was not in NKOTB. While wiping away tears.

Then Brandon spent 15 minutes trying to figure out which boy band Lance was in.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Bahhh! I can at least hear your side of the "Is he gay" debate :) You're too funny. xoxoxo!

Holly said...

I needed a laugh tonight and this did it! You are a hoot.

PS: I wish I could talk some smack about the game on Saturday, but frankly I don't think we have a chance in hell! So, um, Go Tigers?