Monday, September 6, 2010

{One of Those Weekends}

I've always gotten Memorial Day and Labor Day confused.  It's one of the many things I get confused about.  Several years ago, I figured out a way to keep it all straight for myself:  Memorial Day is in May and they both start with "M".  Somehow, however, I think the two holidays must have similarities for me.


Remember my post from Memorial Day weekend?  I had another one of those weekends!  I feel like time somehow stood still and there was enough time to do almost everything that I wanted or needed to do.  (I did not mop my hardwood.  And I really wanted/ needed to.)

Saturday, I slept in.  My mom came and took the kids to my grandmother's for a visit.  The weather was glorious.  They went to a park and played.  Then they went back to my grandmother's to ride their bikes.  While they were gone I cleaned.  I met them in town and retrieved the kids so mom could be on her way home.  

Brandon was going to a UFC fight so the kids and I stayed home.  Ellie's big secret was that we popped popcorn and ate it on the couch.  The jig is up now since Brandon is one of my 5 faithful readers.  Brandon hates the smell of microwave popcorn.  Go figure. But we very much enjoyed eating popcorn while we watched Olivia and the Backyardigans.

Sunday, we went to church and then to Gander Mountain to get Ellie her very first deer hunting outfit.  Ahh...makes a Mama proud.  

How cute is she???

Then we came home and my mom came to sew with me.  Evidently, I am a solitary sewer.  We didn't accomplish much.  I really think that sewing is kind of solitary.  And everyone has their own system.  But I did get two shirts done yesterday.

My goal was to get some things done for fall for the kids.  I keep a list two miles long of all the things I want to sew and I just never seem to make a dent in it.  But this weekend, I did. 

Today, I was able to do four shirts for Ellie, three shirts for Mason and a shirt for Charlie.  Woot!!!  And I threw in a few loads of laundry in between.

Here are a few of the shirts:


Mason's birthday tee


Getting ready for football season.  Go WKU!












































And this one for Mason was probably my favorite of the weekend.  I am counting on Nana for some brown corduroy pants to go with it and we have "Boutique on a Budget"!  And I say it's my favorite, but I did one for Ellie to match a skirt I got at the crazy Kellys Kids sale a couple of years ago and it is very cute too!


All in all, it was a great weekend and I have decided that every weekend should be 3 days.  4 days of work and 3 days of weekend is just a better ratio.  Not to get political or anything, but the whole idea is just crazy enough that I think it seems like something our current Pres would jump on.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a productive week-end you had!! The shirts are soooo cute...and I am putting the brown cords at the top of the pile !! Sewing "is" a solitary thing..you know..it's a hobby and most people like to do their hobby with a certain degree of "ME TIME" !! That's what makes it so fun! We all need those things that are just about ME!! Hmmm...maybe you are 1 step closer to making time for "your" ME TIME !! It is a neccessity !