Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, it is a day early! All my little turkeys and I will be headed to Indiana tomorrow morning. We will spend tomorrow with Brandon's mom and John and then Friday we will go to his dad's house and make the rounds to see his Granny too. We plan to head back home on Saturday. Ellie is so excited she asks me every day "Is today the day we got to Indiana???" I keep trying to explain that it's a long drive (ok 2 1/2 hours is not long, but it is long to a three year old). She is all set to see Grandma and Pappaw and Grandma Linda. Ellie is the kind of kid who really does best when she knows exactly what to expect. Brandon's step-father's mother (did you follow that???), Deloris will be at Thanksgiving dinner. So this morning I said "There will be another Grandma at Grandma's house too. Grandma Deloris." Silence. She is Pappaw John's mama. Silence. She's really nice and I know you will like her. Ellie:"Why will she be there?" Me: "So she can have Thanksgiving with us." I'm sure it will all be fine. But Ellie may need some more information.
Brandon suggested that I take my sewing machine with me to IN. For a day or so, I considered taking it. But in the end, I have decided against it. As much as I would LOVE to get some stuff done, I think we over estimate the amount of free time we really have when we are there. Hopefully next weekend I can talk Brandon, Biz and mom into taking kid duty in shifts because I DO have some orders that I have to get on. And I think Brandon is in town so that makes it much easier to get things done in the evenings.
I can't believe I am putting this mid-blog because it seems more important than that...we finally have a treatment plan for Mason. Dr K seems to think he is somewhat asthmatic. We went BACK to the dr on Monday. (This was the 3rd or 4th time to the pediatrician in 3 weeks) Dr K listened and said his lungs were clear. But I told him Mason has been waking 3-4 times a night and this congestion will just not go away. He had me take his shirt off so he could watch him breath and he said he did see that he was breathing very fast. Soooo...we are now on an inhaled bronchial dilator and an inhaled steroid AND a decongestant. We only have to go the bronchial dilator until he gets better and then we can also cut the inhaled steroid back to once a day. He finally slept all night last night for the first time in over a week. And his congestion seems better for the first time today. Hopefully this is the answer. I didn't ask all the questions Brandon would have liked answers to, but from what I gathered Dr K thinks this is brought on by allergies and this will not be a long-term thing. My poor kids and their allergies.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: