Monday, November 10, 2008

You think you've seen it all....

My kids have seen their fair share of illness. And anything my kids haven't had, I've seen working in a child care center. But today, my pediatrician showed me a new one. Ellie has had tubes for a year and a half. We knew one tube had fallen out and the one in her right ear was still in place last time anyone checked. And the last time we checked would have been AT MOST 6 weeks ago. But I actually think it's been less than that. Anyway...the tube has come out of her eardrum. The eardrum has healed and all is well there. However the tube laid in the eustachian tube and started to grow into the eustachian tube causing a BAD infection. So Dr K made me take a look through the otoscope! He said a picture is worth a thousand words and I need to see it. I will spare the detials, but he said that would explain the foul odor. BLESS HER HEART! She has not complained one bit. She has to have been in pain. Who knows how long this has been going on! I feel like mother of the year fo sho! Maybe what Brandon and I have been thinking is three year old attitude is really just nagging pain??? But we have meds for her now. Dr K says we need to let it heal up before we try to get the tube out of there. Good thing for me, my kids have all the same issues so I will take her along for the ride when we got to Mason's ENT follow-up for his tubes in three weeks. I'm always looking on the bright side!
Our week is off to a pretty good start. Things are getting chilly in Ken tuck. I broke out the kids' cute little winter hats complete with pom poms. They can just be mad when they are 16 and see pics. I think they're cute. I'm working on thinking of more ways to pimp my Initial Reaction stuff. I really want to get it out there so I am considering putting some stuff on Etsy. We shall see.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

OMG poor Ellie!!!!! I so hope she hasn't been feeling it as badly as it sounds like she should!!! :(