Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I should be in bed!

Well, I took Ellie to Dr Sims and he said the tube has to come out ASAP and it will not fall out on its own. I was actually a little shocked when he said "Yeah, I think we need to just take her back into the operating room and get it out." I somehow thought this was the kind of thing he could just take those long tweezers and get it out right there in the office. But who am I kidding? That's not my luck! So he was gracious enough (This is said with complete sarcasm as all who know my saga with Dr Sims will get!) to add her to the line-up for Friday. His nurse first said the first opening was December 4. Um no. So mom and dad are taking off work. Mom will stay here at the house with Mason and my dad will come with me and Ellie. Mason's surgeries will seem like a real piece of cake compared to what I know I have in store for me with sweet Ellie. I can only imagine the scene it will be when they peel her out of my arms. Dr. Sims does not give any sort of "relaxation meds" before surgery. He says those meds are actually what cause the really really bad mood and drowsiness after surgery. (I saw a child at Vanderbilt whose parents demanded she get said drugs and it was BAD) I agree with him, but I know it's going to be traumatic for her to go back to surgery without me and then wake up without me. But, Mama knows best and this tube must come out. She'll be no worse for the wear.
I feel bad for Brandon. We agreed there was no other option than to go on with the surgery on Friday even though he will not be home. But technology is a wonderful thing and he is only a phone call away even on his international trips. In Brazil, he is four hours ahead so that makes for some logistical issues. But it's nice to keep in touch so well with texting, email and phone calls just like he is down the street.
Speaking of Brandon, today he is 35 years old! I told Ellie on the way to school this morning "Today is Daddy's birthday!" She said "MY DADDY????" I told her yes and that I texted him and said "Happy Birthday, we love you." She said "ok" Then she said "What did the message say again?" This just struck me so funny!!!! Like she was really processing what I had said since I put her name on it too! Then she expressed concern that Brandon would miss his party so I assured her we would hold off on any partying until Daddy returns. So we party Sunday!
Now I really must get to bed. When Brandon is out of town, I find myself staying up until I am absolutely exhausted. I guess he keeps me in line and makes me go to bed on time! Night night!
I almost forgot...Mason's 1 year check went fine. Dr K says he has some allergy drainage, but overall he is perfectly fine. Weight, height and head are good and Dr K was impressed Mason can do 3 animal sounds. My little baby einstein!

No comments: