Saturday, November 22, 2008

I shopped til I dropped (almost)



First, Ellie's surgery went well. Dr. Sims said we definitely made the right decision in taking her to the OR. He said the tube was very embedded in the ear canal and would not have come out on its own. Ellie did INCREDIBLY well with the surgery. She actually walked back to the OR with the nurse anesthetist. All the Medical Center staff worked HARD to win her over and it made our experience very nice. Ellie's only major refusal was that she DID NOT want to put on the gown. Lucky for her, EVERYONE agreed there was no need for a gown. So she wore her own clothes to surgery! I'm sure it wasn't a first. She has been in a great mood and had zero meltdowns all day yesterday and today. I definitely wonder if she has been just having some dull aching pain that has been really bothering her. POOR THING!


Brandon is home safe and sound. He is exhausted because he has essentially been up since yesterday morning at 4 am. YIKES! But we are all going to bed early and hopefully everyone will sleep all night.


Finally, I have to admit that I think I might have lost my mind!!!!! I went to the Kelly's Kids http://www.kellyskids.com/ warehouse sale. I got the card in the mail a couple of weeks ago and mentioned it to mom. I LOVE their clothes and the prices listed were really too good to pass up. Mom and I decided to go. The plan was that the kids, Biz and I would go to Gallatin and Biz and my dad would be on kid duty and mom and I would go to the sale. Biz said she would rather stick hot needles in her eye than go. We also found out that Tim's sister, Nicole and a group of her friends were coming from Birmingham so I planned to hook up with Nicole. Last night I talked to Nicole and I realized this was going to be an athletic event. She was talking strategy and telling me how crazy the women and these sales get so I begged Biz to go and let mom stay home and she agreed. (after an early morning for Ellie's surgery, the last thing mom needed was another VERY early morning and then to get knocked around over a Santa longall!) Then I broke the news to Biz that I had agreed to meet Nicole at Municipal Auditorium in Nashville at 6 am.... OH MY WORD!!!! You have never seen so many crazed women in your life until you tell them they can get an adorable courdory coat that normally sells for $69 for $14.99. And the deals didn't stop there. But we paid in blood, sweat, and tears. There were 10 of us in the group and we were lucky enough to be FIRST in line (THANKS NICOLE!!!) We had a strategy and Biz and I were instructed to go to the racks and get what we were assigned to get, bring it to our designated area, drop and go back for more! We ended up with a PILE of stuff 9we were buying for 20 kids in all) and we drew some attention because of this. Let's just say it is a good thing I stayed out of jail and didn't get in a fist fight today. EVERYONE at the sale (and I am talking hundreds of people) were talking about "that group of women from Birmingham". Rumors were going around that we started fights and threatened people! WHICH WE DID NOT! We had two grannys and a pregnant girl with us for goodness sake!!! But in the end I got some ADORABLE stuff for both kids. And saved a ton!!! And it was competitive enough that I think I can talk Biz into joining me for the spring sale!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! This is too funny!!! We were already written about in another blog - but it wasn't so favorable of our group!

D & G (Part of the Birmingham Group)

The Belchers said...

I found your blog through your facebook. I'm going to add you to mine, hope you don't mind.

Those outfits are too cute, I see purchases from that site in my NEAR future!!

Desiree said...

That's hilarious!! I hope you get carpal tunnel syndrome listing everything on ebay. Bahhhh!! xoxo!