Saturday, November 29, 2008

Say HI to Calli!


CALLI




Say "cheese"!










The "meeting" with Lucy and Jack







Well, we are back from IN. We had a really nice time. It is hard to get everyone packed up. And I have to admit that I sometimes dread being away from home and all my little projects here. But once we get to IN, I realize how nice it is to just hang out. We have 24 hour help with the kids and there is no dishwasher to load, laundry to do, kitchen to sweep, and on and on. And someone else does all the cooking. And of course we eat VERY WELL.




Friday afternoon, we went over to Brandon's step-brother, Scott's new house. It turns out, the floor plan of the main level of Scott's house is almost identical to our houseplan. Some of the dimensions are different, but it's basically the same. It was really nice for me to see it BUILT and know how everything would lay out. And to be assured that my kitchen will be PLENTY big enough. Scott and Jennifer's (for those who do not know, ALL of my mother-in law's daughters-in-law are Jennifer! Makes it confusing to call her on the phone. I digress..)house is so beautiful! It made me really anxious to get this building thing under way!




Yesterday morning, we were talking with Brandon's step-dad and he said "Know anyone who wants a one year old lab?" Ok, I don't even think Brandon knows how much I have been wanting a lab lately. Biz put a deposit down a few weeks ago on a lab puppy that will be born SOON and I have been so jealous. So I started asking questions. John's niece had this lab who was given to her 3 year old son and the dog has just been too much for their family. They live in a neighborhood and they just haven't had time to spend with Sally. I was ready to say YES, but I tried to control myself and asked if we could see her when we went to Scott's house. Well, of course, she's a doll baby. And of course we had no trouble deciding to bring her home. Brandon is a sucker and I knew if he SAW her there was no way he could refuse. We have decided to change her name and we hope it won't be too damaging for her in the long run. My family had a Sally for 15 years and I just can't bring myself to call another dog by that name. We figure Calli probably sounds the same to a dog!



Calli is fitting in very nicely. She's very sweet with Ellie and Mason. The dogs accepted her right away and she is giving Lucy a run for her money. I think poor Jack is glad to have someone to keep Lucy out of his hair. Jack is at least 6 years old. He came to us a stray so we can't be sure. We've noticed that since the weather has gotten cooler, he prefers to stay in his warm doghouse than be out getting into trouble with Lucy. So now Lucy can have a new partner in crime! I have added some pics, as you can see. However, being the sweetie that Calli is, if you are anywhere near her, she wants to be in your face. We'll work on posing for the camera! And I have already warned Brandon that Calli may be my new roomie next time he is out of town!

No comments: