Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hello weekend!


And what a nice weekend it is. Yesterday afternoon, mom the kiddos and I made our rounds in Bowling Green to trick or treat. Ellie had a great time. I appreciate my grandparents, aunts and uncles being so sweet to my kids. The love is certainly mutual. We only visited my grandparents and all my mom's siblings (my two aunts and my uncle) and Ellie's candy bucket was FULL. And of course Aunt Nancy even included a book with instructions for me on the importance of learning to rhyme for children. Ellie's Halloween experience will be different than mine (but I guess a lot like Brandon's). Growing up, I always went around the block with all my friends (and parents) with instructions to only go to house with the lights on and people we knew. And of course "Don't walk on the grass!" Since there are only two other houses on our road (and no it's not a new road...we live in the middle of no where), I guess my kids will always do Halloween this way.
Brandon made it home from Ecuador. They are also on central time so he only really has to recover from general traveling exhaustion, thankfully no jet lag. One of his bags got lost and they called at 11:45 to get directions to the house. We were both sound asleep, but somehow he made it to the phone AND it did not wake the kids! They brought the bag some time in the night. We were both surprised they found us with no trouble.
Brandon is hunting this afternoon. (Yes, he is still stalking that BIG ONE) Ellie joined Nana and Poppop at the WKU Homecoming game. Mason is napping and I am chilling. The Redditt boys (Tim's cousins from Alabama) are still here and I think we are having dinner at Tim and Biz's to partake in the deer Tim shot Thursday night. Yum! I am sorry Ellie is missing it because, being the weird little eater that she is, "deer meat" is the ONLY meat she ever asks for! Maybe we will save her some!
Mason has his ear tube surgery scheduled for Friday and it just hit me this afternoon that I missed his pre-op appt yesterday. Hopefully that will not delay the surgery!
ALSO! Shawn (our builder) emailed me yesterday and said he has everything pretty much ready to go. We will meet with him next week to work out the final budget and then get started on building this thing! He made some little comment about seeing (based on the bill!) that I had fun picking out plumbing fixtures. So I guess I already know one area in which I will have to cut! That hammer copper powder room sink I found is just too cool though!!!! We shall see...


With Aunt Biz

With Aunt gg

Aunt Susan's New 'do

At Nanny's

No comments: