Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's going on?

Well, it almost seems like there isn't much going on with my lack of blogging. But we have had a pretty busy week. Mason's surgery went well. He did better this time than he even did with his eye surgery...and he did spectacular with his eye. This time, he barely fussed at all after surgery. Five minutes after they brought him to us, he was trying to give Brandon his paci and doing snake tongue for us. He took a nice long afternoon nap and he was back to normal. However, he had started with a little cold before surgery. As of today, it is FULL BLOWN nastiness. Brandon also has a bad cold, but he is treating it with Nyquil and Dayquil. I am at a loss as to what to give Mason and the few things I have tried don't seem to dry him up and just make him super crabby. I think we are headed to the doctor tomorrow because in addition to Mason, Ellie has (Get ready for this) a foul odor coming from her ear. Yeah. So I asked my mom about it today and she said "Go to the dr." Then I got online today and all signs point to an ear infection. She isn't acting like anything is wrong and I am sad to say, we've noticed it for about a week! We thought her ears were dirty!
Friday afternoon, we met with our builder to review the budget he had layed out. It was about $150K over what we wanted. Yes, I said $150K. Needless to say, we are making some revisions. Shawn (builder) wanted Brandon and I to look over the whole thing and get back to him. So while I was typing this, Brandon drafted and sent an email to Shawn so hopefully we will get something worked out and SOON. Today was a pretty cold day and it is just giving us a glimpse at what this winter is going to be like. COLD. But we will make it. As long as we are not still here next winter!
Today, we went to Gallatin to celebrate my dad's birthday which was last Tuesday. We had a good time and I think dad enjoyed his celebration. Ellie's on her way to bed and I might get a shirt sewn for Mason. Check out Initial Reaction for some cute new shirts!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

OMG your poor kids and their poor ears!!! And holy SHITE!!! $150k!?!?!?!?! Alex is catching Mason & Brandon's colds, I fear. xoxo ~ Does.